Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Do doctors care about suicide???
Created On 3/27/13 10:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

star
Senior Supporter

3/27/13 10:31 PM

Do doctors just not care if their patient commits?
Because, oh well. he/she should have gone to the ER.
Its not the doctors fault.
What kind of business is this?
You say you save peoples lives but when it comes down to it, you really don't care.
I am outraged. What on earth am I paying for, if my doctor isn't answering me in my time of need?
This is one big JOKE!!!
This is not about the relationship, this is about the money and the time in the office. Everything else goes out the door.
Therapy is one stupid joke. Because, guess what? At the end of the day, no one actually cares if you're dead or alive.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

3/28/13 3:48 PM

A lot more people than you think care about suicide. Star you need to get help. Is there anyone you can talk to? My therapist told me last week that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This will pass you just need to get through it. We are virtually holding your hand. I know what your pain is i am there with you. Nothing is right and everything hurts. Maybe try to sleep. I have found that sleeping sometimes helps het through the really tough patches

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

3/28/13 5:31 PM

thanks. It doesn't seem to temperary as it keeps recurring. Need a safe place to go for the rest of yom tov where I can just be myself.away from my judgemental family.
I want to sleep badly. I've been taking lots of sleeping pills, too many, and it doesn't helps. Neither does valarien or wtvr it's called. Nothing affects me. I wish gd would be so nice to let me sleep it off.

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

3/31/13 6:24 AM

Im sorry im too depressed to even write back a normal reply. I hope u feel better. I hope we all feel better. What makes this pain so much worse than all pain is that its so misunderstood and not accepted even though its so real. People dont give the same help or sympathy as other illnesses because they think we actually have control and can just snap out of it. Its just so painful and Gd is just turning away

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/2/13 9:06 PM

thanks lasthope. yes, its like the invisible cast as you said. im sitting here hearing all my sisters and mother working hard to clean up and im too scared to heighten my anxiety by walking into the kitchen. but im sure my sister is judging me and thinking:is it really so hard for her to lift a finger?(which i did-i cleaned the table when this sister wasnt looking.)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/3/13 1:58 PM
User is offline View users profile

of course DRS care!!!! if we all offed ourselves theyd be out of a job!!!!
good for you Star!

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/3/13 2:24 PM

yeah. my doc had an emergency so i couldnt contact him
but i still felt so worthless and abandoned.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/3/13 10:00 PM
User is offline View users profile

i hear that.....

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/18/13 11:00 PM

dr price, how many sleeping pills does it take to commit suicide? please dont ignore me like u usually do.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/19/13 5:50 PM

ignoring me as usual, what a surprise.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 9:23 AM

Sleeping pills won't kill you

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 9:27 AM

so what happens if i take the whole bottle, like ten pills? will i just sleep the whole day? or will i get brain damaged?

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 2:08 PM

It depends. What diagnosis did your doctor give you?

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 4:47 PM

depression and anxiety.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 5:10 PM

Oh wow that's really painful. I have that too.

I was thinking of suicide 24/7 before Pesach. I even tried to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.
Now I'm on a low dose of trazodone and I can go to work, be with my friends, and enjoy life. Not to sound like my life is completely perfect but the good thing is I'm not in bed all day long crying.

How is it for you? Do you also find it hard to get out and do things? I found that the hardest part.
Looking forward to hearing from you

-Mimi

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/21/13 11:02 PM

yes its extremely scary for me to leave my house for fear of people seeing me depressed. today i actually went out with two kinda friends and bh i was able to fake it a little but it didnt hurt. usually it hurts to fake it. never heard of trazodone. what does it treat?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

4/21/13 11:16 PM

In low doses, trazodone is helpful for sleep. Some people cannot tolerate even small dosages due to morning sedation. Few people are able to tolerate the higher doses which are helpful for depression due to the sedation.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/22/13 8:36 AM

oh nice to hear from you finally. You might consider answering the previous questions as well. If you have time, of course.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.