Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Medication
Created On 7/6/13 7:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

his8sm
Supporter

7/6/13 7:55 PM

I have a general question on medication with OCD in mind.
I am fed up on Fluvoxamine- it might be doing something but not for OC Thoughts.

I have taken Anafronil, Prozac, Sertraline, Paxil etc but I want to look at my notes to see, did I take the right dosage. Is it possible for say Anafronil, I wasnt on the highest dosage and could legitimately go back and try the highest possible dosage?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/6/13 9:24 PM

The most powerful OCD medication combination is the highest dose of Anafranil combined with a small dose of Luvox (check Anafranil blood level to make sure not toxic on the combination) with the addition of a small amount of Risperdal. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

7/7/13 2:15 PM

If i ask to go back on Paxil -I had the sweats at night, woke up in night and marital side effects, but it worked, that was 10 years ago
any idea what can be done either over the counter or in combination to help those side effects and do you see good results on OCD with it

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/7/13 3:15 PM

Adding Kytril to Paxil can block some side effects. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

7/11/13 2:10 PM

My doctor has increased my Luvox to 300mg as he thinks it does more for me than i realise. He says give it a month or he can then try to add another ssri in addition to Luvox
Which would you recommend bearing in mind anafranil didn't do much for me last time would it work better with Luvox
I also read Wellbutrin can be good to add
I'm getting a bit depressed with my ocd which isn't helping

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/11/13 2:14 PM

See my previous post: Anafranil plus Luvox plus Risperdal.

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

7/22/13 9:43 AM

Hi
I am going up to 300mg luvox tommorow. Ocd symptom reduction but still some depression. Which ssri could be best to allievieate depression or anxiety
Would it still be the tricyclic anafronil

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/22/13 10:11 AM

Could switch Luvox right over to high dose Effexor XR 225mg or higher for OCD/depression/anxiety if you have never taken it before. Works about as well for OCD/anxiety but better for depression. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

7/25/13 9:53 PM

On 300mg Luvox now and it's helping with ocd
I am having trouble staying asleep though at night
Do u recommend anything natural that wont interact

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/26/13 12:16 AM

melatonin

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

8/11/13 6:55 AM

Hi
I am on between 200mg and 300mg of Luvox- I find going higher than 200mg makes me feel a bit irritable and i get restless legs and cant sleep.
I am happy with it for OCD, but i dont know if its the tablets making me feel Depressed or my OCD being better has exposed an underlying depression
Can you recommend anything to take in conjunction with Luvox to tackle the depression- I dont want to stop luvox as its doing good for ocd.
my general doctor recommended maybe another SSRI as the Seroquel i took made me depressed too

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

8/11/13 8:15 AM

Adding Deplin 15mg daily can help without major side effects. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

8/11/13 11:08 AM

Hi
thanks in Europe its not prescribed although I note it is basically folic acid i could take?
any other suggestions for the depression side of things

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

8/11/13 11:10 AM

I have found that Solgar make the Kosher Folate Metafolin Folic Acid (800mcg) - 100 Tabs is this similar to Deplin?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

8/11/13 12:23 PM

Deplin is higher dose and better penetration into Central Nervous System.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

8/14/13 1:00 PM

Hi
300mg Luvox, my main obsessions have completely gone but my brain now feels really switched on and depressed instead of ocd compulsions- could it be the increase in meds.
my doctor is thinking of adding anafranil- would this help my depression at all? no form of deplin exists here just the standard stuff
also going to see a dietician do you recommend a Low GL diet as i have read about for OCD and depression
ive tried effexor before with no success

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

8/14/13 1:07 PM

Could be the medication if you feel more apathy than depression. Adding Wellbutrin or Abilify to SSRI's can help with that. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

8/14/13 1:16 PM

yeh, not depressed as such but rather my head is sore and i cant figure out why i am feeling low and hence i am obsessing about it a little

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.