Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Rude doctor questions
Created On 7/18/13 7:54 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 7:54 PM

I was at the doctor (internal medicine) today when he asked me how much I am making at my new job.

A few months ago an ER doctor asked me why I didn't have a boyfriend at age 21- using more graphical terms.

Why do doctors feel the need to cross boundaries and ask inappropriate questions about my personal life? Is it because they feel as if they can ask a patient any questions they want? I am just nice and try to smile and answer them nicely, obviously. But I posted this because I thought someone might have the same experience as me.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 8:47 PM
User is offline View users profile

I get that a lot to in various forms. But its not necesarily doctors. I think its just something people do cuz they are bored, hormonal, curious or trying to be nice and social (and failing!!!)..... But its never happened from a doctor. Its usually flirting, they are just doing a bad job at it.... or deciding if they can be a flirt by seeing if you have a boyfriend. Either that or its just making conversation...
and theres always the theory that a doctor can think they are the expert and your the lab rat....

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 8:48 PM

Ok, i just realized that that was probably not helpful to you in anyway, sorry!!! It is really inapropriate for people to say things like that to you!!

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/18/13 11:26 PM

Rude people can work in any profession, unfortunately even in healthcare.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 1:47 PM

No actually it's very helpful, channafofanna. I just want to see if anyone else has the same experiences or whether it is just me.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/20/13 10:45 PM

Just a symptom of the human condition, and like Dr. Price said, even doctors aren't immune...

Bottom

ShtarkeMentch
Junior Supporter

7/20/13 11:34 PM

yup, just a symptom of the human condition - if rabbi's aren't immune how the more so doctors.
but chana, I think your first comment was the most insightful and on target.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/21/13 2:59 PM

thanks, i actualy throught it might insult some males out there, but guess not =)

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.