Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Manic experience
Created On 7/24/13 8:19 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/24/13 8:19 PM
User is offline View users profile

I had a really strange experience last night and I could almost swear I was manic for the better part of the night. Is it possible for something like that to happen for such a short period of time and then stop the next day??? I couldn't sleep despite my usual night meds (which are plentiful) and all I could see were different cottages in my head and going in and out of them. I was totally awake. I felt like I was Goldilocks or soemthing going through people's cottages but in bed the entire night. (I checked that fact out with my husband as I was unsure of that it was so real.) I also felt very aroused physically and couldn't get certain images and feelings to go away. Does that make sense???? Is that manic, psychotic or what?????? It was right after coming home from a 12 hour drive so I was quite tired yet so not tired at the same time. I'm still up now which is late for me and still in the same way. Any suggestions of what to do if this continues????

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

7/25/13 8:27 AM

If it persists for 2 days or more call your doctor as it could be the beginning of an episode. Let me know how you make out. What is your diagnosis? What medications do you take?

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/25/13 3:19 PM
User is offline View users profile

Dx is DID, depression, and maybe bipolar, but never diagnosed definitively. I take adderall xr, klonopin, abilify, trazadone, rozerem, and i think that's it.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.