Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I push people away
Created On 9/18/13 3:35 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/18/13 3:35 PM

I feel like I'm always pushing people away because of my questions and hardships. For example before Yom Kippur I had a problem, I emailed a prominent person in the community whom I thought would be able to help me. She did. Sunday I emailed her again because I was so distraught no answer. Then yesterday I was so lonely and depressed that I wanted to know what Hashem wants from me so I emailed her ______ I need to know what Hashem needs from me..... and I didn't get a response. Now this is not the first person I'm trying. I've emailed a lot of Rabbi's and most of them didn't even respond and the ones who did said they can't help. What is a Rabbi here for? I know a Rabbi is not a therapist but I would much rather discuss my aveiros and hashkafic questions with a Rabbi than with my therapist... Am I doing the wrong thing by emailing them??????????

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/18/13 3:41 PM

Nothing wrong with asking questions.

Gut Yom Tov,

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/18/13 3:43 PM

So why do these people give me the feeling that I'm a burden and they're not interested.....

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/18/13 3:54 PM

Perhaps you ask good, challenging questions to which it may be difficult to find an appropriate response?

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

9/18/13 5:14 PM

It's a horrible feeling when people don't answer you.
But maybe those Rabbis are not able to answer these kind of questions...... Maybe if you found out if they know how to help and are able to help, you'll have better luck.
Did you find a place for Yomtov?

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/18/13 6:05 PM

yea it's not only horrible it makes me feel stupid. One of the rabbi's I emailed his mantra is asei lecha rav and when I emailed him he said he can't help me. I'm just FED UP!!!! As well right now is an extremely hard time for me, the yomom tovim I'm in between therapists so I'm not seeing anyone till after succos, I'm lonely, sad, and depressed and have no one to talk to. Whatever I feel unworthy of answers and feeling happy.

And no I didn't find a place for yom tov. It'll be a very loney succos Oh well!!!

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

9/23/13 6:21 PM

Maybe their spam box works better than yours

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

9/25/13 1:39 PM
User is offline View users profile

Cutie...a Rabbi with Spam...SHAME...i mean that stuff made of PORK .

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

9/25/13 5:05 PM

Maybe the rabbis you're asking don't know enough to be able to answer. Maybe you can look higher, and contact somebody who can truly understand you. Have you tried Rabbi Goldwasser?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.