Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: ECT
Created On 12/10/13 7:57 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

12/10/13 7:57 AM

What kind of experience do you have with ECT? Is it helpful? Does it really cause major memory loss? Is it worth trying if someone has tried so many drugs and therapies that dont work and TMS? Thanks

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/10/13 9:38 AM

Good for treatment resistant Depression. Memory loss can be minimized by unlateral technique.
Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

12/10/13 11:48 AM

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

12/10/13 1:19 PM

I'm Trying, I read your posts. So it didn't help at all?

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

12/10/13 1:51 PM

Dr. Price, I'd like to know if you've ever helped anyone with ECT or know of anyone that has been helped with ECT?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

12/10/13 6:41 PM

My point was not to say ECT is hopeless. I personally did not benefit from it. I have many issues, depression being only one part of the mix. It may be why it did not work for me. That being said, I do believe that it may help people, there are many studies that support its efficacy. I merely wanted to point out that I feel you should be very cautious with trying ECT. Not to jump into it. This is not a fact- just I personally feel like undergoing ECT is equivalent to having surgery. If it is necessary it SHOULD be done but with forethought. Not like just trying one more medication.
Hope you start feeling better soon... ((((HUGS))))

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/11/13 7:09 AM

I know many people who were helped. Have to make certain that psychotherapy has been considered first, not simply medications.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

12/11/13 7:49 AM

Does 15 years of psychotherapy mean that it's been considered?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/11/13 8:52 AM

YES!

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

12/11/13 12:13 PM

can you tell me what the side effects these people had? this guy was helped, but something about him scares me, can you watch this video? thanks
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12453679

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

12/11/13 12:28 PM

Can have memory loss for the last 6 months of events prior to treatment and some difficulty forming new memories in the next six months following treatment.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.