Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Rabbi Price
Created On 1/1/14 7:03 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 7:03 AM

I just checked out your website for the first time. You really are not the typical psychiatrist. Nice music.
So, since you're a Rabbi and a doctor, and a musician, can you tell us what is going on?
Why is depression becoming such an epidemic? Why does Gd torture people's minds? Its bad enough to have all these physical diseases, but the mind, the emotions? WHY???

Edited: 1/1/14 at 1:16 PM by Lasthope

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 8:37 AM

Birthpangs of Moshiach. It is indeed an epidemic. Society needs treatment perhaps just as much as every suffering individual. Our lives have become madness. We're all in it together. No family is immune.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 8:40 AM

You're saying it's just coming straight from Hashem because Moshiach is so close? Not because of technology, bad foods we eat, etc? Is it like the Soton is trying to get everybody to just give up or something?

Edited: 1/1/14 at 10:42 AM by Lasthope

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 8:48 AM

A mixture of all of the above.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 10:54 AM

You wrote: "Society needs treatment perhaps just as much as every suffering individual"
What do you mean by this?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 11:28 AM

Many individuals are suffering, often in large part due to societal pressures and influences which must change.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 11:41 AM

What kind of societal pressures and influences?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 12:23 PM

The list is very long. I will ask you: what do you wish could be different in the home, school, work, neighborhood, community, United States, the world...? I am interested to hear your perspective.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 1:16 PM

Well first of all, I live in Israel, so it's a bit of a different perspective. We have many problems here but not necessarily all the same as those in the US. Although some overlap. Some things are much better here, but some things are worse.
First of all, I think we've become very isolated that we don't live with our immediate families anymore like they used to many years ago. You have a baby these days and if you're lucky you get a week of suppers and few weeks of help. They used to have mothers and grandmothers and sisters all living together and taking care of each others kids. That takes care of a lot of loneliness. It can be a bit better here in Israel because most people live in apartment buildings, so sometimes neighbors become like family. But most people keep to themselves and you also have to get really lucky to get good neighbors.
Schools - kids don't get enough outside activity. They are in school all day, and come home with lots of homework. This problem I don't have because my kids are still young, and the school they go to they have lots of breaks. But we still don't get enough physical activity.
Adults definitely don't get enough physical activity. Most jobs these days (at least ones that pay decently) involve sitting in front of a screen for many hours. It tires people out, and then they don't even want to exercise. They have to sign up for a gym or buy a treadmill (both done by me) to correct the problem, which can be circumvented by just living a more physical lifestyle, by getting out more and working physically.
Food - the food that is cheap is the worst for you - white flour, white sugar, snacks with msg, chemicals, preservatives, tons of salt. My dream is to be able to shop at the healthfood store for everything from milk to organic veggies, eggs, etc, but I can't afford it. I try my best like using whole wheat flour when I can, but the food we eat is supposedly full of all kinds of things that shouldn't be there.
Society - focus on money, physical looks, popularity, music which is all about "romance" - which comes from Western culture, I guess hollywood - its destructive to everyone, cuz they paint this fake picture of what happiness is, yet no one can attain it. Most of the "stars" are getting married and divorced every few months, searching and searching for their true love, their meaning in life. THey cant seem to find it. Yet we still have this feeling like, if I was rich I'd be happy.
THe Jewish world - no achdus. Too many splits in all the different sects, where everyone thinks only their way is right.
Israel - everyone feels duped that terrorists are being released for practically no reason. Our enemies hate us, kill us while we try to help them, while we practically kiss their feet and try to make them happy with our every slight movement. And the world hates us and thinks these murderers are in the right. Total hypocrisy...
I could go on and on.....
Sometimes I think that maybe where I need to be is on a farm somewhere, closer to the land, working hard for my food, and a place with lots of land for my kids to run around. (But then I would be very far from all family).... So what can you add to the list? ANd what kind of solutions do you have to these problems?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 1:37 PM

You read my mind! The list of solutions is also very long but pretty simple to do. Unfortunately, it will probably take a cataclysmic reset of society as we know it before we can rebuild G-d's kingdom on earth.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/1/14 2:37 PM

So who on earth is truly happy? And it seems like a catch 22, if all these problems can really only be solved my mashiach coming, how is he ever gonna come? Because he's supposed to come based on our merits, but we seem to be a sinking ship..

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/1/14 3:24 PM

If we all do our small part taking care of our own little corner of the universe then HaShem will help us the rest of the way. Look how the ants build an anthill or the bees build a giant hive working together. I do not think we should aspire to be happy living in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Amalowi15
Junior Supporter

1/27/14 9:47 PM

Is there any chance even slim that medicines such paxil,prozac,effexor can cause soft tissue,fascia,tendon pain?

-------------------------
ari malowitzky

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

1/27/14 10:12 PM

Anything is possible with medications in terms of rare side effects.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/27/14 10:21 PM

Originally posted by: Lasthope
So who on earth is truly happy? And it seems like a catch 22, if all these problems can really only be solved my mashiach coming, how is he ever gonna come? Because he's supposed to come based on our merits, but we seem to be a sinking ship..

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/17.htm

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

2/3/14 11:39 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I USUALLY TAKE 200 MG OF SEREQUOL , CAN I SKIP IT TNITE????DR.P ISNT ANSWERING!!!

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/3/14 11:53 PM

There are people who take Seroquel who take Seroquel at night for sleep. If you can sleep without it, then it could be used as needed for sleep.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.