Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: There is hope
Created On 6/15/14 4:56 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

6/15/14 4:56 AM

Dr. Price, this is less of a question, and more of an update.
I have been through so much these past two years, and have finally gotten a proper diagnosis and on the right medications. I am officially Bipolar 2, and am on a low dose of an antidepressant and a higher dose of a mood stabilizer. The combination is amazing Baruch Hashem. I tried so many things: EMDR, TMS, CBT, antipsychotics, antidepressants (alone), Cranial Sacral therapy, Vitamins, Prayer alone, psychotherapy. The answer has come in getting the right diagnosis and the right dosage of meds. All the therapies I have done have definitely helped me become more self aware and given me tools to live life to the fullest, BUT they didn't put me in remission. Only the meds I am on now are getting me stable and feeling good (still dealing with side effects and some slight instability). I want you to realize how hard it is to diagnose someone with Bipolar 2. Please please remember that everyone needs to be given a fair chance to get the right diagnosis. It's SO important. I'm sure you realize that because you have a lot of experience, so this may be more for the people reading here. PLease dont give up. keep looking for a medication that will help you, if you do indeed suffer clinically (more than 2 weeks). There is something out there that can help you, and Hashem will send you the right shliach to get it, so keep davening and keep trying.
Feel free to join my group on Facebook: Mental health awareness in the Jewish community.
All the best to everyone!!
Lasthope

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/15/14 7:19 AM

Thanks so much. It is like finding the right sequence of numbers on a combination lock. You may have tried this number and that number before but the right combination can make all the difference. Keep spreading the chizzuk to all those still searching to open their locks.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.