Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Mood swings...
Created On 9/1/14 10:23 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/1/14 10:23 AM

What causes someone's mood to change? How is it possible that one minute I'm feeling fine and the next I can be feeling not to great? Does having BPD play a role in this? How can I improve that my moods shouldn't shift so suddenly. It's gotten much better but sometimes I just find myself feeling sad for no reason... Is there anything I can do about it?

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/1/14 11:13 AM

Bipolar or BPD can contribute to mood swings. CBT and DBT type approaches can help manage the swings. Mood stabilizing medication can also help if there is a Bipolar component.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/1/14 11:27 AM

There is no bipolar component although I was misdiagnosed with bipolar twice. I was on all type of mood stabilizers but currently am only on Neurontin but that was given to me for anxiety. I was taken off the more "serious" ones and in the beginning maybe I was a bit more agitated but now I don't seem to see much of a difference. I seem to be highly resistant to medications they work for a while and then stop working... I have done DBT a couple of times but I want to know if there is any way I can prevent the switch like anything I can do before I switch moods? Once my mood changes I try to use my skills...

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/1/14 11:32 AM

There are techniques within CBT, DBT and ACT approaches to help prevent full episodes when you feel something beginning to switch.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/1/14 11:37 AM

Thanks. I have another question, What causes a person to be impulsive and again does BPD play a role in it?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/1/14 11:43 AM

Can see impulsivity in BPD and also ADHD.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/1/14 12:03 PM

What does that mean?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/1/14 12:40 PM

BPD can play a role in impulsivity as can having ADHD (Attention Deficit)

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

9/1/14 1:08 PM

And is there any way to lessen the impulsivity? I'd rather use skills than medication. Also my impulsivity usually stems from negative emotion, like I'm angry, feeling rejected, feeling hurt, ashamed, etc... so I'll impulsively buy something that I don't really need, or I'll binge and then I feel awful about it and guilty... Any advice?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

9/1/14 1:44 PM

DBT teaches many skills to self soothe other than engage in impulsive acts that may be self damaging.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.