Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: advice please
Created On 2/22/15 9:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

young
Supporter

2/22/15 9:31 PM

I would like your opinion please. I have been seeing a therapist for over two years. We had been working on things from my crazy childhood. About six months ago I started having a hard time talking to my friends nothing major. My therapist said its not depression because I am doing well overall and it wasn't so severe my not talking.

About a week and a half ago I started not sleeping. I would sleep 2_3 hours a night. That caused me to do some not logical things. I did not do anything really stupid or that would hurt me. My mom sees a psychiatrist for bipolar. I went to her psychiatrist for an opinion. She said I have mild bipolar since I had hard time talking to people which she considered deppresion and now I'm more talkative and don't sleep at night. Do you think the psychiatrist is right? Or should I go for a second opinion since the dr might not diagnosis me right due to my mom being a patient there. Also do you think it can be mild bipolar?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/22/15 11:31 PM

Could be hypomania whereby person sleeps less yet has more energy, more impulsive for a few days with no apparent reason. May be worth getting a second opinion. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

2/23/15 11:24 AM

Thanks. I will keep you posted.

Bottom

young
Supporter

2/23/15 12:19 PM

If it is hypomania, would I need mood stabilizers or antianxiety to calm down or just medicine to help me sleep at night? I have been trying some natural stuff to help me sleep at night like camamile tea and melatonin 1mg. They are not working to keep me sleeping through the night. Is there any other natural stuff that I can use?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/23/15 4:25 PM

Inositol 9000mg twice a day. Let me know.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

2/23/15 5:33 PM

The Inositol will help my control my hypomania? Help me sleep? I could jump to the 9000mg twice a day or I should build up the dose in my body?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/24/15 12:17 AM

Can take Freeda Company Inositol powder 900mg per 1/4 teaspoon. Start with 1/2 teaspoon twice a day in food and increase by extra 1/2 teaspoon per dose per day to max of 3 teaspoons twice a day. Take less if diarrhea. Then continue for 2 weeks at that dose before diarrhea and let me know. Can be helpful for mood stabilization and anxiety, sleep.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

2/24/15 7:48 AM

Thank you. One last question is there any drug interactions or side effects that you know of?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/24/15 8:23 AM

Diarrhea which will go away if you lower the dose. Not recommended in pregnancy as it relaxes muscles including the uterus. Otherwise, safe. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.