Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: medical and psyc
Created On 6/6/15 9:46 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

young
Supporter

6/6/15 9:46 PM

Hi Dr. Price,

Thank you for your time and advice that you give on this site. I have an interesting question and would like your opinion on it. I am diagnosed with bipolar2. I am on meds and bh pretty stable. I am only 26 years old and would like to get pregnant iyh. I get scared with the thought of being on meds while I'm pregnant. I am more of the natural person.

Now getting to my point. I was looking online and I see many studies being done linking a physical issue in the body causing the mental illness or making it much worse. My psyctrist was even saying how they are doing the research now to find links between physical illnesses and mental health diseases. She said how there was a case or two of when they cured the person of the physical illness (I forgot which one) his schizophrenia went away. I see articles claiming if there is a hormone imbalance in someone it can cause mental health issues. I have also seen articles like that with gastrointestinal issues etc. What is your opinion on all this? Have you heard of these articles? Do you know any doctors that help people with mental issues find a physical cause? Thank you

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/6/15 10:31 PM

You can start with a blood test to see if there are any hormonal imbalances, deficiencies, infections or immune issues and then proceed from there.
A consultation-liaison or Mind-Body or psychosomatic medicine (all synonymous terms) psychiatrist looks into these matters.
Outside of this approach, there are holistic medicine practitioners who may order additional non-traditional testing.
Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/6/15 10:52 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I had recently standard blood tests done. They all came back fine. Do you know any doctor who would be able to help me that you can recommend?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/7/15 8:48 AM

You can call Relief for a referral to a consultation-liaison psychiatrist for a consultation.
They typically look at diet/nutrition, environmental exposures, hormones, infections, immune markers
If recent onset, they may check head imaging and EEG.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/9/15 6:19 PM

Hi Dr. Price,

I called relief and they said they really didn't know much about these types of doctors. They gave me the number of one which I am waiting to hear back from. They told me to call him to make sure he does what I want.

Do you know of any other doctors that could help me?
Thanks

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/9/15 7:03 PM

Hi young, I sent you a PM with some info.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/9/15 7:38 PM

I usually refer to Relief. Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry happens to be my board certified sub-specialty. Let me know if you are ever in the Monsey area.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/9/15 8:14 PM

I would come in to money if I cant find closer. Would you do a lot of medical tests to help us see if the bipolar is possibly being caused or becoming worse due to a medical issue?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/9/15 8:18 PM

Whatever is necessary to figure out what is going on.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/9/15 8:36 PM

Thank you. I will keep you posted if i cant find a doctor closer to me. what are your prices for consultation and follow ups?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/10/15 6:56 AM

Can send a PM to discuss logistics/insurance reimbursement out of network.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/10/15 7:21 AM

Thanks. I just sent you a pm

Bottom

Teddybear
Supporter

6/11/15 8:45 PM
User is offline View users profile

Probably not my business but just out of curiosity Dr Price, why is it not a conflict of interest to recruit patients from this website? How do I know if you have my best interests at heart or you are just trying to gain new patients? How do you know if you are the right fit for this individual? I feel like people can be taken advantage of.

Forgive me for my bluntness but I don't think it is 100% appropriate to utilize this website as a recruiting tool. People here are suffering and they may be taken advantage of. Just my two cents. Something here reeks of unethical.

Edited: 6/11/15 at 8:48 PM by Teddybear

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/11/15 9:28 PM

Sorry Teddy bear. I just feel I should post this to clarify a few things since I was the one that originally posted. Dr. Price only told me that he can help me after he told me to call relief referral agency. I did call them and unfortunately they really didn't have much doctors in my area who would be able to help me. I wanted a specific type of Dr. Only then did Dr. Price offer his services, when I was desperate. I am still networking to see if I can find another dr in my area. If not I will probably use him. I am glad he did mention it to me that he can probably help me since there are not to many doctors that specialize in this and this is what I am looking for etc.

But I do agree with you there are people in general who do things like that and take advantage of people who really need the help. Its very unfortunate. Thanks for looking out for me.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

6/11/15 9:56 PM

I agree. I only wish to help on this site, entirely for free. It was only when you mentioned
That you could not locate anyone else to help that I offered my professional services in this area of specialization.
I would much rather serve as a free consultant to this forum than break anyone's confidentiality here by
Meeting in person. The anonymity and free service make this community very precious and special. My sincere apologies.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/12/15 9:14 AM

Teddybear, no offense, but Dr. Price has been handing out entirely free advice on this website for years, without benefitting from it at all. He never recruits patients, even in cases where he would be able to help them. You can check out old posts if you don't believe me.

As a matter of fact, I've used him too, and no - I was not recruited from this website.

Most of us here (including you), have benefitted a lot from his presence, so I think the least we can do is show him some gratitude instead of attacking him.

Bottom

Teddybear
Supporter

6/13/15 12:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

Thanks for your note. I agree that everyone on this site should be appreciated for their contributions.

Thank your for sharing your thoughts with us.

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/15/15 5:13 PM

Hi Dr. Price I sent you PM for whenever you have a chance. Thanks

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/16/15 9:41 PM

Hi dr price I sent you a pm for whenever you have a chance. Thanks again

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/18/15 9:24 AM

Hi Dr. Price. Thank you for your help. I sent u a pm. Thanks

Bottom

young
Supporter

6/19/15 6:41 AM

Thanks Dr. Price I have a new pm for you. Thanks

Bottom

young
Supporter

7/1/15 8:53 PM

Dr. Price I wrote you a new pm with an update. Thanks

Bottom

young
Supporter

7/12/15 5:25 PM

Hi DR price I sent you a new pm. Thanks

Bottom

young
Supporter

7/14/15 6:01 PM

I sent you another pm. Thanks again

Bottom

young
Supporter

7/16/15 6:23 AM

Dr. Price Thanks a million. I wrote to you an update in a pm.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.