Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Bipolar symptoms?
Created On 3/13/16 11:18 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

his8sm
Supporter

3/13/16 11:18 AM

I have noticed that whilst I have been diagnosed with OCD, in recent times during relative stability in my contamination fears (40mg prozac) the last 5 months were marked by me feeling quite irritable, over excited and stopping just short of manic. ie no silly spending, or extreme behaviour but internally so much energy its been untrue.

Now, i have had a lapse in my OCD I notice i feel flat and ironically concentration is alot easier.

Could it be that I have some type of bipolar OCD, in the sense that I can spend periods of time quite depressed due to OCD and then the opposite happens, when i feel better, I am over-stimulated, struggle to concentrate and whilst not manic, i am quite hyped. or could it be a side effect of prozac?

could addressing a bipolar condition, help my ocd and general mood stability?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/13/16 11:24 AM

Yes. Could be Prozac needs to be accompanied by another med to stabilize mood.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

3/13/16 11:30 AM

ok,i imagine the advantage is that anyway there is normally a benefit from increasing with another med to help the ocd? can i ask why in bipolar does the main focus seem to be on coping with the manic phases and not the depression, with me i would say whilst the hyper phase is annoying its much more enjoyable than the pain of OCD! Or can the medication also help depression

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/13/16 12:04 PM

Yes. Med like Risperdal can help Prozac work better for OCD and stabilize mood.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

3/13/16 12:05 PM

thanks- i read there is also symbax, is that something you use

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/13/16 4:27 PM

Also an option.

Bottom

his8sm
Supporter

3/14/16 1:49 PM

I also read that often OCD doesnt improve as well as it should until a co-morbid condition is treated- is that your experience?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

3/14/16 1:55 PM

Yes

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.