Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: obssesions
Created On 2/21/17 10:11 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

2/21/17 10:11 AM

what's the reason behind obsessive thoughts? I don't usually obsess but i find myself constantly thinking about a specific person I hardly ever meet. It happens with different people over different times and I wonder what the reason for it is

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/21/17 12:11 PM

Many possible reasons. Need more information.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
Www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

2/22/17 11:31 AM

it's hard to say because I can't find common ground between them. In school it was a girl from another class, in college it was one of the professors and worst one ever is now with my son't psychiatrist. I've seen him only twice about months ago and I can't stop thinking about him . What's the reason for it and is there any way to break the spell?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/22/17 11:43 AM

Can try the following creative suggestion: focus on one very negative quality about the person, real or imagined, expand it very large in your visual mind, focus on that, and this may break the spell. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance without more details.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

2/22/17 1:21 PM

Thanks for your response
but in general, what are some of the reasons that cause people to obsess over others?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

2/22/17 1:28 PM

So many reasons and sometimes no good reason like a song that gets stuck in your head.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

spollock
Junior Supporter

5/17/17 11:53 PM

I really relate to your question a lot! I find that the common ground is rooted from low self-confidence and thinking others are much more than i am in different areas. I think the obsession comes from wanting to be like them or have their qualities. I'm so happy you brought this up bc i was convinced i was the only one with the "crazy" obsession.

Hatzlacha!

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

5/18/17 9:29 AM

that might be the case sometimes, but I don't find myself obsessing over ALL successful people, so I think there is probably something more. dunno, still trying to figure that one out

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.