Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Why me?
Created On 5/3/06 2:39 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

yehudit
Junior Supporter

5/3/06 2:39 PM

B"H

This is a strange title for the subject - nonetheless, I figure as a frum site - this may be an appropriate post.

I am a Yeshiva educated woman in her mid 40's who has gone in and out of different stages of frumkeit - I was diagnosed with a personality and manic disorder about 6 years ago after suffering a breakdown - ironically it happpened on the first yartzeit of my father

In looking back - I have been clinically depressed with an addicitve behavior most of my life - but in attempting to deal with it as an adult - I fall back on to the 'JOB' feeling - why me?

I have been doing better lately, being psyciatrically and psychologically treated - and I have returned back to yiddishkeit - and I say Tehillim on a regular basis - I have always felt that frumkeit never understood mental illness and have felt angry about that - that maybe if when I was a child it was more talked about = I would be different now

What do you think?

B'virkat Shalom

Judy

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

5/4/06 12:58 AM

I am sorry that your experience with frumkeit has not worked for you. You are correct that the frum world and the rest of the world for that matter is only just beginning to understand, recognize and accomodate a broader view of mental conditions. Fortunately, there is a growing number of trained Rabbi/Rebbetzin professionals available now to help people come back home and find their place in Jewish hashkafah and communal life.

Rabbi Price, M.D.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/4/06 2:44 PM

I hope Rabbi Dr. Price won't mind if I give some additional input here.

"that maybe ..it would be different now" - I remember hearing that this is not the case. It was bashert, so you can't say it would have been different. But you can use the experience to learn from it, in order to make things better in the future.

I saw on another posting that Dr. Price told someone that there is a purpose to the suffering. So even though we don't know the purpose now (and we won't know until Moshiach comes), but just knowing that everything that happerned is ultimately for our good, this knowledge helps alot.

It's good to see that you are doing tehilim and other good things, and may there be only bright and happy news in the future.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.