Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Difficulty Functioning
Created On 5/16/07 10:12 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Wondering
Junior Supporter

5/16/07 10:12 AM

I have been treated for depression and anxiety with therapy and meds and both illnesses have wreaked havoc on many things in my life, such as job, family etc. I wanted to get some chizuk and to see if there are others who have had similar experiences. The therapy and meds haven't worked so well and I am currently being treated by someone with a combination of DBT and other therapy. My dr wants to switch meds and i have lost a bit of faith in thiswhole method of treatment, it is hard to believe that I used to be a highly functional and happy person that had things to do and joy in life. Now , being as i hardly work as a result of all of this and (experiencing panic thinking about getting another job) I don't have much to distract me.

Can someone share their experiences with me. I dont want to have to be in therapy for so long and it just seems to get harder and harder. I do not have children yet and have been married for awhile and i long to get pregnant and start a family, and then i get panic attacks and also can not get preg. on current meds.

I want to switch to different meds that are ok but that doesn;t seem possible right now.

Anyone have similar experiences? Wondering

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

5/16/07 10:29 AM

I wanted to add that all of the above has made me even more dep.

WHen i mentioned switching meds to something that is ok i meant something ok to be on when pregnant.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/16/07 11:02 PM
User is offline View users profile

Through all the treatment that you have received so far, do you have a grasp on what the cause of your depression is?
a lynn

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

5/16/07 11:04 PM

Would it help you to think that all the work you are doing now is to make you the best mother you could be when G-d willing you do have children? I see people all the time who are really not emotionally ready to have children, yet they do and then their problems get worse because having a child is very stressful and then things get worse when the child grows up and has problems so now you have 2 people who need treatment. I commend you for taking care of your issues first and not thinking that a baby will bring instant happiness.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

Belly
Supporter

5/17/07 1:19 AM

I agree with frumsw. KIds are wonderful, but the don't solve any of your problems. It's very hard work to bring up children and you should be emotionaly stable and healthy before you get pregnant.
Out of my own experience I can tell you it's woth waiting and working out your issues first.

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

5/17/07 1:41 AM

hi, thanks for your input, i have been working out my issues, but now it seems like what came first the chicken or the egg, because part of what is causing me sadness is watching everyone else continue with their lives, having children and watching them grow and me stuck with therapy and meds and seeming never to inch forward.

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

5/18/07 10:21 AM

I knew what the cause of the original depression was and now it is not relevant and I am just upset about losing all the time that i have and want to move forward and the meds are preventing me from moving forward - to get pregnant. Can anyone offer any more chizuk. I am not dealing with infertility issues so I cant get the same chizuk from those groups. I want to get off the meds and the dr is not sure that i am ready for that yet and the waiting is so hard for me. I just see this whole therapy and meds as something that started out more simply than it is now. now it is an issue.

upset.

wondering

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/18/07 4:24 PM

i dont really no what to say but i do no that you should DEFINATLEY stay on meds you amy not realize how much they help you but they probably do and i thought nothing was working then one day i was panic atak free and happy as can be it was like i was my old self i really wish i could give you chizuk but i need more info dont worry youll get better eventually feel better
avious101

Bottom

Belly
Supporter

5/19/07 2:01 PM

Wondering
I understand how you are feeling. I'm in a similar boat. I would like to have more kids, but don't want to as long as I'm on meds. My friends all have already four kids and I don't. I don't know if I'll be able to have more. It's hard to deal with and I really understand your feelings. I have cried plenty over this.
I also know the feeling of starting therapy for something and then feeling to get deeper down and have more problems then before. Been there done that...
I think you should discuss with your doctor switching to meds which are ok to be pregnant with.

Keep on posting and let us know how you are doing!
Shavua Tov
Belly

Bottom

Wondering
Junior Supporter

5/19/07 4:21 PM

thanks for your support and i will check with my dr if i can currently go on meds that are allowed during pregnancy, i hope i can, there aren't many around and i hope that they will be suitable.

wondering

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

6/26/07 12:41 AM
User is offline View users profile

How do you know the iriginal reasons for depression are no longer relevant?
a lynn

Bottom

hashemhelpme
Junior Supporter

7/4/07 9:03 AM

yes I understand you it's as if therapy suddenly takes over your life and notjing else is there it's a shame 'cause I've been a functioning or so I thought and than suddenly therapy takes over your life and nothing else but what do you do when you want ot kill yourself it's terrible and I know I couldn't do it to my kids cause they just lost their dad so I have to stay strong but I can't I should have never had them in the first place they are grounding me and than I think why did he die I should have died instead oh my T. claims he wouldn't have been a good father Oh! soory for blabering on like this stay strong we want to hear from you wondering how srong you can stay you are probably better off than me Good Luck on switching emds untill your Dr. tells you something like mine Who went to medical school me or you Good luck!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.