Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: coping with a break
Created On 1/4/08 12:25 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

helpplz
Supporter

1/4/08 12:25 AM

Hi. I've been a guest on this insightful website and just signed in as a member. It's so cool how you all really suport each other and help one another in ways that only somone whose been there can. Anyways, I wonder if I can get any support/ advice on this...
I've recently ended therapy with a supposedly top Psy.D who I have seen for a year... and started seeing someone else for the past month. She had a baby and bam, stop. I knew this was gonna happen but i didn't realize how much it was gonna affect me. you see i never trusted my old therapist and never really depended on her. however, this new one is really good, honest, straight, sincere, genuine, and warm, all qualities which the previous one lacked and i was seeing her 2x week which also makes it harder, old one only once a week. i finally was learning what it means to have a therapist and now i lost her. i don't know when she'll call me and think about her 24/7 wishing she would call. she had a c-section, i don't know how long recovery is....
thanks
eager for your reply

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/4/08 2:24 AM

Why not call her office or leave a message on her answering machine congratulating her; and asking her if she thinks she'll be back soon, and if not, if she can recommend someone whom you can see until she returns.

Bottom

helpplz
Supporter

1/4/08 2:34 PM

Thanks for the quick response. actually, for the past couple of days i went through my phone book and stopped at her name as if by luking at it she wud call, i just had to press the talk button, but didin't. i knew that she would call me as a soon as she can and if she didnt tha means that she aviously is not a vailable and i dont want to bother her. however, today a distant relative called (hashgacha bec. didnt spk to her for months and just broke down and told her how desperate and bad the situation is. last night dreamt that my mother was dying and was so relieved only when few min. later she was all better and i was in the hospital picking her up. in my dream, i was so upset, u get it the nightmare is that she is better and coming home.
anyway, so after talking to this relative and her pushing me to call, i called and left her a msg, we'll c wot happens. honesltly, i dnt knw wot to do if she is gona make me w8 a couple of weeks, cant handle it anymore. abt seeing s/one else i wish it was thay simple,, finding s/one gud tuk me over a yr and 3 pple in the process, im not ready to get hurt by more authority figures...
thanks again,
gut shabbos

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/4/08 3:06 PM

It may make sense to have a temporary fill-in, so that you have someone professional to talk to (about everyday concerns, how to deal with people etc.).

And you can tell the fill-in that with regard to very deep issues, you prefer to wait until your regular therapist returns.

Have a good Shabbos.

Bottom

helpplz
Supporter

1/6/08 1:15 PM

sounds good...i would ask my therapsit about it and ask if she recomends s/one, for now she still didnt call me back so still waiting for my phone to ring...didn't think this would be such torture.
thanks for the advice and quick responses.
have a good 1

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/6/08 11:12 PM

If she still didn't call, you may want to find someone yourself for the meantime. Or you may want to just talk to a therapist on the phone (Yitti Leibel helpline).

Here are some organizations which could help:

nefesh 201-384-0084 http://www.nefesh.org/index.cfm

relief 718-431-9501 http://www.reliefhelp.org/profile.htm

yitti leibel helpline an anonymous hotline staffed by frum therapists.
718-435-7669
chicago 1-800-help-023
lakewood 908-363-1010
cleveland 888-209-8079
also branches in baltimore, detroit, s.diego, toronto

ohel 718-851-6300 http://www.ohelfamily.org/

Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.