Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: identifying issues
Created On 6/1/08 4:09 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/1/08 4:09 AM
User is offline View users profile

Does anyone else here have diffiuculty identifying issues in therapy? Most of the time, I can't seem to connect the dots. For example, besides being temporarily unemployed (meaning come July I will work again), nothing much terrible is happening yet I'm preparing and practicing how to kill myself most effectively. I seriously don't get it. I haven't been near nutty family for a while so that isn't it. It's like there is nothing to talk about, I just want to die. I just know that has to be illogical. I am officially DID (multiple personailties); however, just because one part of me is unhappy doesn't mean the rest of me has to go. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyone can relate or explain?

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/1/08 7:40 PM

Originally posted by: munkster
just because one part of me is unhappy doesn't mean the rest of me has to go.

Maybe the rest of you can push away the unhappy thoughts for now, and tell yourself that now is not the time to feel unhappy, and that the best time to deal with the unhappy thoughts is with the therapist.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/2/08 5:03 AM

ok, but if you ask me why part of me is unhappy, i am totally clueless.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/2/08 11:58 AM

Maybe you can leave that issue to therapy time, and together with your therapist you can try to figure it out.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

6/2/08 3:59 PM

Maybe there is something that happened in the past that you never consciously worked through, and it's sitting somewhere deep inside you and not letting go. Can you talk to the part of you that is not happy, just like you would have a conversation with another person? Ask her how she feels and why.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/2/08 5:12 PM

I suspect it is all tied up surrounding abuse issues but I just don't know. too much of a tangled mess. can't talk to that other part. one track mind. die die die thoughts and nothing behind it. it's weird.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

6/2/08 6:26 PM

I wonder if hypnosis might help. I don't have any personal experience with it, but I've heard a lot of good things.

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

6/3/08 12:23 AM

Munkster,
Sorry to hear how bad u are feeling right now. It must feel confusing to feel something so strongly, and not understand from where it originates.

I have a suggestion;
Have u ever tried art therapy? u dont have to be artistic, although if u r, then thats great.
I have found it helpful in uncovering the unconscious on a deeper level. You may be able to reach some understanding as to why these "dying" thoughts are plauging you.

Hope u feel better really soon.
debbi

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.