Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: know these names??
Created On 6/12/08 2:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

helpplz
Supporter

6/12/08 2:28 PM

anyone know or have experience with these therapists........ Sol Hertzig, Frank Goldberg and Shlomo Lieberman? personality type or way they work? i woud greatly apreciate it.
thanks

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

6/12/08 11:08 PM

I have not heard of them. You may want to try Relief or Echo.
a lynn

Bottom

helpplz
Supporter

6/15/08 12:36 AM

Thanks 4 ur quick response. know the work of Dr. Sara Grozalsky or Mrs. Sheina Malka Wachtfogel?

Bottom

dahari
Junior Supporter

6/15/08 2:18 PM

Edited: 6/23/09 at 11:31 AM by dahari

Bottom

helpplz
Supporter

6/15/08 9:30 PM

I wish there were a list of therapists with ratings by their clients with their pluses and negatives, the way they work, the personality type they work best with, i.e. a person looking to get...i can help.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

6/16/08 1:34 PM

she's supposed to be excellent. she evaluates children and knows how to work with the families also.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

dahari
Junior Supporter

6/18/08 11:25 PM

Edited: 6/23/09 at 11:32 AM by dahari

Bottom

Mirafox
Junior Supporter

6/25/08 6:40 PM

dahari, sorry you're not getting the response you want.

but has anybody heard of Perry Hoffman?

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

6/26/08 8:23 PM

yes mira,
Perry is an excellent DBT therapist. I've never worked with her, but I've been in the DBT program up in Westchester, where she was director and the program was VERY VERY good. Saved my life actually. I was close to ending it.
Perry actually interveiwed me for the program, and she was very kind and responsive.

Bottom

Mirafox
Junior Supporter

6/27/08 2:40 AM

debbi, thanks for being here, i know you would've wished not to be here, me too, but i need you and others support. please, does anyone else feel like not wanting to see a therapist because it's impossible to heal something that's with me, actually me, for so many years, and i'm positive that my thoughts and feelings are true, so why be fooled? actually, ok let me be fooled so i can atleast comfortable live my years i must live.
debbi, is there a way to discuss things privately? i don't see how i can start a private discussion here, also there should be a way i can look at your 200 previous posts, from what i know of other forum websites

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

7/8/08 10:58 PM

Mira, sorry for not answering, didn't notice your question. I really don't know R. Fund that well. Just heard her recommended for children and their families.

frumsw

Bottom

Mirafox
Junior Supporter

7/9/08 3:46 PM

nnn,
i'm asking about PERRY HOFFMAN

Bottom

omgosh
Junior Supporter

7/10/08 8:24 PM

Anyone know any of these names for trauma?? PLEASE post your experience with them.

Sarah Gundle
Dr. Sheilagh Shusta-Hochberg
Lisa Gilman
Joan Hardin

Your reply will be a huge help!

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

7/11/08 10:53 AM

sorry have not heard of them

only know of Sondra Gross

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

7/14/08 11:40 PM

I don't know them either.
a lynn

Bottom

Clowningaround
Junior Supporter

7/25/08 2:47 AM

I have not heard of any of the names you listed but if you specify what specific issues you are looking
for perhaps someone Including myself will have a suggestion.

I saw Dr. Fund as a teenager but I can't tell you much about her because I never spoke in session.
and dont remember anything she said. Guess I was pretty hopeless back then

Tirza,

Full of hope!

Bottom

nutcase
Junior Supporter

8/3/08 12:40 PM

Hi Mirafox! I am currently seeing Perry Hoffman. She is positively the most wonderful person. She is extremely nice and a pleasure to work with. She specializes in DBT... Did someone recommend you see her? She sees her clients in NYC but on Fridays she accepts patients in her home at Westchester.. I have to prewarn you though, she is mighty expensive.. charging 200 dollars for every 45 minute session. Hope this helps. If you need anymore info, just ask!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/3/08 1:07 PM
User is offline View users profile

Ok, nutcase (gee, for some reason I feel badly calling you that), I know this is a wee bit off topic, but I'm about to switch therapists so I can go for DBT. I'm going from a very experienced therapist who is highly reccomended my many professionals in the field to a no-name therapist who specializes in DBT (one hr. indiv.) and has a DBT group that is two hrs a week. (It's located in Elizabeth, NJ.) Anyways, what is your experience with DBT? Has it been helpful? How long have you been with the DBT therapist? Basically, I want to know your experience and if it has helped a lot and whether DBT has only been successful because of a great therapist or if the therapy itself is what has been most helpful, if you can separate the two? I felt comfortable with no-name therapist, but he's a rookie...I think he may have just recieved his Ph.D but specialized in DBT. Any input from you, or anyone else, would be helpful. Thanks.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

nutcase
Junior Supporter

8/3/08 1:35 PM

Bottom

nutcase
Junior Supporter

8/3/08 1:44 PM

Sorry sent a blank post..

Ok munkster...

Firstly I have been in therapy for only 3 months. A bit too soon to realize any progress yet...

Secondly, asides from the treatment method (dbt) it is of paramount importance to have a good experienced therapist!!! You might have felt comfortable with the rookie but considering the fact that you're coming from a successful, highly recommended therapist... for sure you have got to look for someone of the same caliber. True Dbt therapists are not so popular yet but there are plenty good ones out there.

I would suggest you try Relief. Do you need a NJ therapist davka? I travel 45 minutes every week to see Perry. ( She has group therapy as well. I would love to join but unfortunately my budget simply won't allow it.) I would really recommend her!

Hope I have been a help,
Any more ??? just ask!!

Bottom

Mirafox
Junior Supporter

8/14/08 3:21 PM

ok, I'm gonna be a little more off topic here,
I'm also seeing perry hoffman for almost 2 months now..... she's excellent in her job, I love her for her personality.....
BUT,
I feel my problem has not been tapped yet, and I know it cannot be. Because my problem is above and beyond any worldly words.
Has anybody had this expereince with any therapist?

Bottom

nutcase
Junior Supporter

8/17/08 10:30 PM

Mirafox, are you being open with Perry? Why don't you tell her that you're not feeling understood yet? Tell her exactly what you wrote, and how you don't think your issue can be tapped on...

Sometimes after my session with her, I feel so frustrated, Cuz I don't feel like I was articulate enough... I write poetry, so when I come home I write down my feelings and email it to her. She is amazing! She takes the time to read it and usually responds too. (She actually told me to publish my work! lol.... I am nowhere near good...)

Anyway, maybe you can try doing something like that? Sometimes its hard to talk face to face.

I have a different issue though... maybe its too off track, but I'll ask anyway. Its like this.... I feel like we're constantly going in circles, always coming to the same 2 issues... I am bored of discussing the same thing all the time and I feel like I am on a standstill... not getting any better, nor any worse.... Can anyone relate?

Sorry if I rambled too much.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/16/08 10:06 PM

This is common in therapy, and in my experience, is best addressed directly. Be direct about your feelings even if they are negative. If the therapist is any good, they can handle it, and will not get defensive.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.