Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: where to find??
Created On 10/25/11 2:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/25/11 2:47 PM

Anyone know where I can find a frum female therapist in or near rockland county? How do I find/choose one?

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/25/11 3:43 PM

I know it's very hard to seek help but you're doing the right thing! do you have insurance? if yes, you need to know what and whom they cover, if you can afford to pay out of pocket ask either Relief or Echo for a referral, they try to pair you up with the right therapist for your specific issue and needs, which prevents you from tapping around in the dark and getting frustrated before you even find the right one. if you don't have insurance and cannot afford to pay out of pocket then you can see someone at CAPS at Bikur Cholim of Rockland at a reduced fee. they have lots of therapists, many are very good but you sometimes need to switch until you find the right match, I think Dr. Price is their psychiatrist, maybe ask him... g'luck!

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/25/11 6:28 PM

thanks wishtobehappy!
i guess the next step is to get the courage to call them...

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

10/26/11 9:27 PM

lu yitzluch, (are you sure this name suits you) when you say near rockland county, is passaic or teaneck within your interest? also, i would need to know a bit more what you are looking for in a therapist.

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/27/11 1:11 PM

passaic and teaneck aren't too far... tho wesley/monsey area would be better. i'm looking for someone who isn't very feminine and mushy and emotional, but still not too blunt. i don't know if that's a possible mixture?

(and btw, at this point, i think luyitzlach suits perfectly. doesnt luyitzlach mean someone who doesnt succeed @anything? that's exactly how i feel. everything i try seems to turn to mush...)

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

10/28/11 1:37 AM

hi, i did some research for you, and found someone. feel free to try, her name is Liz Weinstein, she's located in Heampstead area (i think that's near Monsey) her #845-362-2413. an abundance of luck to you,

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/28/11 3:46 PM
User is offline View users profile

i always thought of it as hopeful, like "if only one day id b yatzliach..." more like wishing kinda...

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/30/11 11:46 PM

Originally posted by: Ineedspace
hi, i did some research for you, and found someone. feel free to try, her name is Liz Weinstein, she's located in Heampstead area (i think that's near Monsey) her #845-362-2413. an abundance of luck to you,

thanks ineedspace! so nice of u, i really appreciate!! hope i didn't take too much of ur time...

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/31/11 11:36 AM

Originally posted by: channafofanna
i always thought of it as hopeful, like "if only one day id b yatzliach..." more like wishing kinda...

i guess that's if you read it as "loo yitzlach". i meant it as "lo/ loy yitzlach".
maybe i should change it... to be more hopeful as you put it

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/31/11 2:59 PM

funny, i read it as loo too. ...i'm a poet and didn't know it....oh well...either way...i vote change it ....or read like us .

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Ineedspace
Supporter

10/31/11 5:21 PM

not at all, was my pleasure

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/1/11 5:57 PM

I too thought it was on the positive/hopeful side.

I would also vote to change it, but I have a prejudice towards positive usernames in general, so I can't give a honest opinion.

kol tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

11/1/11 7:34 PM

what's going on? am I so negative that I'm the only one who realized the negative connotation of luyitzlach? and I thought I was making headway... guess I still have way to go in working towards a more positive mindset....

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

11/1/11 7:36 PM

oops, I see now that ineedspace also picked up on it.... so I must be more of a realist than a pessimist... great.

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

11/2/11 10:02 AM

Well, I can't say anything cuz my username is also quite negative but I understand luyitzlach for choosing it. It's just the way you feel, that's all..

Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

11/2/11 5:41 PM

the way we feel... and sometimes the hard-truth reality...

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/3/11 10:23 AM

I'm sorry for bring insensitive in my remarks.

Kol Tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

11/3/11 12:07 PM

aba- what r u talking about? i didn't see anything insensitive in ur remarks!?!

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/3/11 12:10 PM

I was afraid I my comments about usernames insulted someone.
B"H I was wrong.

Kol Tuv.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/3/11 5:36 PM

ahhhh---- i'm happy, you're happy, we're all happy so let's get on with the moaning and groaning about daily life again.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

11/5/11 11:05 PM

Wish To Be Happy- its not that were positive (or that i am) its just that i think everyone is happyer than me , so it would make sence if someone else said luu yatzliach. ...

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/12/11 10:56 PM

Did you find a good female therapist?
a lynn

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

11/13/11 9:42 PM

actually- no, i still haven't started. i don't have the money for the one ineedspace recommended, and i called my local clinic/sliding scale center... they still haven't given me a slot... at this pt i dont think its gonna help me much so i'm not nudging them anymore...

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/25/11 11:50 AM

University/training hospitals also have sliding scale clinics.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.