Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: cutting on shabbos
Created On 2/18/07 5:21 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

trachtgutvzeingut
Junior Supporter

2/18/07 5:21 PM

i just cut myself for the first time on shabbos
now i'm not sure what the deal with being frum is
it feels weird to be careful about chalav yisrael, but then
to be michalel shabbos

-------------------------
tracht gut

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

2/19/07 9:37 AM

um you arent supposed to cut yourself anyway.
you're already goin against what god wants.
i guess.
not that i know anything i stopped being religious years ago.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/19/07 11:00 AM

nobody's perfect. frum means recognizing that nobody's perfect, and that you try your best. every little bit counts. every mitzva that you do is important and precious to Hashem.

Bottom

hashemhelpme
Junior Supporter

5/24/07 11:13 PM

i HAVE THE SAME QUESTION IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I CUT ON YOM TOV
IS THERE A STOP TO ALL THE CUTTING!?
I'D LOVE TO BE ABLE TO STOP HOW DO YOU!?
i WAS FREE OF CUTTING FOT FOUR YEARS THAN A CRISIS IN MY LIFE CAUSED ME TO GO ON THE ROLLER COASTER IT IS TERRIBBLLE HEELP!?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/25/07 12:07 AM

I saw the following on wikipedia:

"A person who is injuring themselves may be advised to use coping skills, such as journaling or taking a walk, when they have the urge to harm themselves. They may also be told to avoid having the objects they use to harm themselves within easy reach."

It is also advised to try to find a good therapist.

Also you could try looking at some of the other threads in this category. I think there were some suggestions to try using ice or snap rubber bands on the arm.

Hope to hear good news. Have a good Shabbos.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/27/07 9:34 PM

i once cut on shabos in the hospital and i feel so horible still from it and in a wa i kinda cut when i pick skin off my head and feel awful, about it and im trying to stop but now i justt try to say extra tehilim and try to stop harder

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/19/07 11:55 PM

i asked a sheila about doing preventative things which are muktza & was told to try not to, but if necessary and possible, do them with a shinui. i guess technically that would also mean you should cut with a shinui if it came to that point, but i'm not sure that helps any more. i've been blade free for 2 wks out of hospital, yeh!

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

6/20/07 7:14 PM

Mazel tov and stay storng ino you can do it

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.