Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How to do teshuva...
Created On 11/8/08 7:24 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/8/08 7:24 PM
User is offline View users profile

I was stupid enough to ask my rabbi if SI behaviors are an aveirah. He said yes but easy to do teshuva because Hashem understands. The prob is, I don't even feel one iota of guilt at this point I think. I just wanna keep going, and going, and going. That isn't wanting to do teshuva even though I know I should. I'm so confused. I really don't want to stop waht I'm doing at this point and consdiering quitting therapy because I care so little. Any input? Not sure if anyone even understands this one, but figured I would just say it and get it over with. I wish I could just talk to my rabbi in person about it but it's just too complicated. So, anonymous email it is.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

11/8/08 9:41 PM

Did u need some empathy from him, rather than "yes its an aveirah".?

do u know why u cut? (i'm assuming ists cutting)
Have u explored all the reasons about why it makes u feel better?
I think that could help.
Do u think it has become more of a habit, or an addiction? Or is it b/c your pain feels too overwhelming?
Please dont quit therapy. I think it would be unwise to quit while u r in the midst of constant self destruction.
I really believe that DBT would be the way for u to go.....but i know u've been down that road.
Do u feel that u want to show others your scars, or cuts? Do u need someone to understand the depth of your pain, by showing, them or telling them about what u r doing to yourself?

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

11/8/08 11:30 PM

um, honestly, i'm not sure if you should quit just because its an aveirah, unless that that's the motivation you need to quit.
really we're not perfect, none of us are.
and i'm sure there's tons of stuff we're all doing that our rabbis would tell us are aveirahs.
and we can't be perfect. and try to be perfect. because then we go crazy. so i think of it like we have to do the most we can but we can't be perfect.
and if this just isn't something you can stop right now you shouldnt make it so much of a deal that you get so upset about it being an aveirah that you cut even more because of it.

i think when you're ready to stop you'll stop. and maybe it bein an aveirah will give you a lil extra reason to stop.

basicly i think there are more important things to worry about.

and yeah i'm prepared for people to get upset about what i just said so sorry if i offended anyone. this is just my opinion, i'm not a rabbi and not tryin to be.
sigh.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.