Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Staying out of hospital
Created On 8/6/09 8:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

downandout
Senior Supporter

8/6/09 8:55 PM

Okay. I've been in the hospital six times in the past ten months. Four of my hospitalizations were within three months of each other, then I had six months without any, and now I've had two one after the other. All of them were for overdosing/thoughts of overdosing. At the beginning, I was very depressed, and was hurting myself because of that. But recently I've been feeling much better - but I've still been hurting myself impulsively. I don't know what it is - all I know is that I'm feeling much better, but I still keep landing myself in the hospital. Honestly, I'm scared! If I'm feeling better and I'm doing this things, how will I ever be able to trust myself not to do them?
And I can't keep being hospitalized. I have to get my life back on track. I haven't worked in over a year, so I need to go back to work. My relatives think I'm crazy for living half my life in the psych ward. I know I don't belong there, but I'm some level I feel I do. I identify with the people there. But I know I can't get there again. I can't do it to my husband and kids. They really can't cope while I'm gone - and I know, if I'm dead they really won't be able to cope, but soemhow I just don't think of that when I overdose.
BUT I NEED TO STOP. I NEED TO STOP DOING THESE THINGS AND STOP LANDING IN THE HOSPITAL. I NEED MY LIFE BACK.
What do I do?

-------------------------
I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

8/6/09 11:22 PM

Lambs are very peaceful and relaxed. They don't seem to worry about anything. They allow themselves to be sheared, and their wool keeps others warm. They are very gentle, and are liked by all. They are confident that their owner will provide for them.

Maybe it will help if you are able to be like a lamb. To not stress yourself out about all the different stresses. But, instead, to try to push those thoughts away, and to feel confident that G-d will provide and watch over you and your whole family.

Have a good Shabbos.
Hope to hear good news.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

8/11/09 10:25 AM
User is offline View users profile

Gad,
I found your advice quite soothing, Thanks.

D&O,
I hope things get better for you.

Kol Tuv,
Aba

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.