Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Coaching
Created On 7/1/10 9:50 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

movingup
Junior Supporter

7/1/10 9:50 PM

Hey!

It's my first time posting on a forum, and it feels a little weird but here goes!

I have a diagnosis of PTSD and am seeing a DBT therapist, and going to group. A big part of DBT is calling for coaching, and i have a really hard time with that. I dont like the feeling of disturbing my therapist at a time when i am not paying her...

Any ideas?

-------------------------
Ofentimes people live their lives in shackles, never realizing that they have the key.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/5/10 2:51 PM
User is offline View users profile

email or texting- it feels less akward and is easier.
this is an avioidanc e generation- its ok to go with it if it helps you.
gluck! and welcome!

Bottom

movingup
Junior Supporter

7/6/10 9:25 AM

So i generally text my therapist if i need help, and she calls me back. I still have a really hard time doing it though, cuz im disturbing her in her private time...

Ofentimes people live their lives in shackles, never realizing that they have the key.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/6/10 6:11 PM

First of all if she didnt want to talk to you she wouldnt have given her number to you- but the therapist picked that job because she likes to help people. when you call her, your making her happy.
and Why dont you talk to her about it?
but btw- i can totaly identify- i have that problem wit hcalling ANYBODY

Bottom

movingup
Junior Supporter

7/6/10 6:21 PM

Thanks Chana!

I keep telling myself that, but its still annoying... I wish i wouldnt have a disorder!!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/7/10 10:06 PM

Hey, Dont we all??

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

7/13/10 12:15 PM

movingup,
Welcome and good luck.

channafofanna,
I like they way you summed up the situation what you said makes sense to me.

Kol Tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/13/10 10:15 PM

well im glad it made sence to someone! im still trying to make heads and tails of it- jk

Bottom

gettingstronger
Junior Supporter

11/13/10 8:19 PM

I have been in DBT now for over 3 years and am still in the program, yet still feel the same way every time I call for coaching. I feel intrusive and like I'm bothering my therapist. She reminds me that I'm not bothering her. It's there for me for my benefit and if I misuse it, she'll tell me, which has never happened. She prefers that I call her rather than suffer any more than I already have. She is there to help and is there for me to learn to put into practice the skills learned in group. I now call on average once a week, and it is getting easier to call her even though I do question myself every single time. Hatzlacha and I hope this helps.

"Good therapy, like good cooking, takes time."

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.