Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I'm having such strong urges
Created On 11/1/10 6:41 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

toy123
Senior Supporter

11/1/10 6:41 PM

Help I'm having such strong urges to self injure myself. I skipped a class in school and am feeling so guilty about it. I'm having difficulty going to school and sitting through class and have been skipping a lot of class lately. Also something is bothering me and I can't figure out what. I'm so confused!!!!!!! I don't make any sense I know. Sorry

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/1/10 9:07 PM
User is offline View users profile

I hope you figure it out, good luck.
Kol Tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

11/2/10 1:40 PM

Toy, try to think about the obstacles you've overcome to get to the point you're at right now. You've come so far; it's probably been a long time since you've self-injured - why go back there? It may be tempting in the moment of doubt and confusion, but it's not worth it... Definitely not for feeling guilty or confused, definitely not for skipping class, in fact definitely not for ANYTHING!
I know this is not really the same thing, but with me, my eating disorder often "steps in" at moments of confusion. When I'm feeling somewhat down and vulnerable, and not sure what I'm feeling.... It'll just step in (or try to at least) to solve everything. Or pretend to solve everything. The problem is, it doesn't work. It just makes many, many more problems. And I'm sure it's similar with self-injury. It's a natural turn-to when you're feeling just about anything. It kind of says to you that it'll solve your problems, make things easier... But it doesn't work that way. It just makes things so much more difficult.
I know at this point you're so much stronger than you've been, so you probably resisted the urge. But keep on being strong. You can do it. And keep writing if you need to.

I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.