Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Need encouragement
Created On 4/29/11 12:34 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

10/10/11 5:17 PM

wishtobehappy - i totally know what you mean. It really helps me when I can tell a friend, mostly so that I don't have to pretend everything is perfect. But with shidduchim coming up, I got to be really careful - cuz once you tell someone something, and then someone asks for info, what are they supposed to do. BTW guys - I'm trying to write a book about everything that happened to me. No idea if it will ever come about. But one thing I know for sure is that it will have to be after I get married. Everything we do we have to think about shidduchim... of course, once we're married, we have to think about our kids shidduchim...

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 6:19 PM

you're right, guess I have such a loose attitude because I'm over shidduchim, as for my kids, they're still young...
anyway, can't wait to read your book...

Bottom

gettingstronger
Junior Supporter

10/10/11 7:09 PM

Did you ever try/go to DBT?

"Good therapy, like good cooking, takes time."

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 10:21 PM

not sure if that question was directed at me but if it was, yes, I did do DBT, was pretty helpful too, but sometimes I just get fed up with it and wanna feel good without using skills...

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 11:20 PM
User is offline View users profile

yep..........

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/10/11 11:20 PM

.......................yep

Bottom

smilewithureyes
Junior Supporter

10/30/11 2:29 PM

about ppl being open with their real names- i wish there was a frum support group (in real life- not cyberspace ) im a 17 yr old girl- and like someone pointed out theres a lot of stigma with these issues in regard to shidduchim. and it totally sucks. i mean the guy im gonna marry is gonna know about my issues, right? so whats the point in hiding them? its frustrating...

believe

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/30/11 8:28 PM

the point of hiding is that at least some people think ur normal.... also ur husband is very diferent then every single person in the world. but if u wana go out and open with everyone, kol hakavod!!!

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.