Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Coping with hirutism
Created On 7/11/06 11:52 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

alone
Junior Supporter

7/11/06 11:52 AM

As a start, I want to explain hirutism. It is a hormone imbalance, where woman have hair on their body where they shouldn't have. For me, and it's the most common one, I have hair growing on my lower face, kind of like a beard. It's a pain, because I spend about 1 hour a day plucking all this excess hair that doesn't belong on my female face. For years I went to dermatologists, who told me that it is hereditary, and there is nothing they can do. Well, it could be hereditary, but I just found out it is a hormone problem, and an endronocologist (hormone doctor) should be able to help me. So I just started a medical therapy, and I hope it will work. Then I could start another electrolysis sessions. Because it didn't help, as long as my hormones weren't in check.
I hope I am not the only one with this issue on this site, and I hope I can get support from other woman who coped, are coping or are still struggling with this very annoying ailment.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

7/12/06 11:15 AM

I also have this problem. You are not alone! For years, I tried everything. I now just shave my face as I am not interested in the pain and expense of the other solutions. THis works for me, but needs to be done daily. I dislike it, but it works! Part of my problem is PCOS and I also take testosterone to help with hormone replacemtent (I had a hysterectomy at 30). Have you shaved and given that up for plucking or do you prefer plucking?
Miram

Bottom

alone
Junior Supporter

7/13/06 3:29 AM

Hi Miram,
Thank you so much for replying. The problem I experience with shaving, is that it shows. I see black stubbs after a few hours. Could you tell me which razor you use? Maybe I need a fancier one. And if on shabbat it stays OK? I tend to use make-up for the holidays, but because my cause of hirutism is sensitive skin, the make-up gives me acne. So I would appreciate if you could tell me what you use for shaving, it would sure save a lot of time. Thank you.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

7/20/06 10:35 AM

I agree with the black stubble, but am o.k. for a day. I use the razor that has the soap attatched to it and cannot remember its name. They have one for sensitive skin and I find that I like it. It has a larger handle and a "thing" with soap right underneath the razor. This detaches and is replacable. Does this help?
Miriam

Bottom

alone
Junior Supporter

7/21/06 10:38 AM

Hi Miriam,
Thank you very much. I will look for it in the stores. It's worth a try. Thank you.
Behatzlacha!

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

8/2/06 6:07 PM

Let me know how it goes.

Bottom

baker
Junior Supporter

8/23/06 10:01 AM

I also suffer from hirutism and recently discovered that it may be because I have PCOS (I'm undergoing tests). I personally find home waxing more effective than shaving. It does hurt a bit, but I've gotten used to it. It also means I don't have deal with my chin hair on a daily basis, which is very helpful.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

8/23/06 1:39 PM

I also have PCOS. I find that waxing leaves me with redness and bumps. I also hate leaving the hair to grow and having it on my chin.

Bottom

shayna
Junior Supporter

10/18/06 3:55 PM

Hi out there. I feel with all of you for i have suffered with hirutism for years as well.
Has anyone had any success with lazer treatment?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

10/25/06 4:52 PM

I have not tried lazor due to cost!
Miriam

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Hirsutism < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.