Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How do you know???
Created On 1/24/11 5:56 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/24/11 5:56 PM
User is offline View users profile

I know I have PTSD but generally it doesn't invade my sleep anymore a challenge I'm relieved to have accomplished. However, lately I'm waking up sweating and in a panic to open the windows and can't stop panicking until they are open for some time. I can't tell if this is a hormonal problem or a reoccurence of PTSD and neither can anyone else. I'm so frustrated. I still have flashbacks during the day...a lot...but at night I don't remember nightmares or anything. Anyone with similar experiences??? I'm young for the change of life, got my thyroid and liver checked (both are normal) so I'm clueless.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

2/21/11 12:16 PM

Munk,
It feels like we have known each other! However, I can't remember if you said you have tried EMDR or not.
a lynn

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/22/11 7:05 AM

Have not tried EMDR. Not covered by insurance from what I can tell AND if it is, I'd still have to quit seeing my therapist of over ten yrs. Most therapists advise against it.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

2/24/11 12:13 PM

That has not been my experience. I don't know which therapists you are referring to when you said that most advise against it. When i do EMDR, I bill it as a regular psychotherapy session. Also, sometimes people are open to doing EMDR for isolated sessions and then resuming treatment with previous therapist.
a lynn

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/25/11 12:48 AM

I have an exception made with the insurance company....if I leave my therapist and switch...they will more than gladly get rid of her as she charges more than 2x their own therapists. She specializes in trauma and dissociation and is expert in feild in the area I live in. I'm rather hesitant to give up a therapist whom I've seen for so many years when i KNOW I won't be able to return.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/4/11 10:48 AM

I understand. Is your therapist familiar with EMDR?
a lynn

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/6/11 4:48 AM

Familiar with it, yes. Does it, no. I think she thinks it doesn't work...We didn't discuss it in depth.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/14/11 10:45 AM

Have you gone on the website (EMDR.com)? If you have questions after reading it, let me know if I can help. Of course I cannot guarantee that EMDR can help you, I can tell you that for many people it works.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > PTSD < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.