Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: All you out there with BPD, NPD, DPD, APD etc.
Created On 12/1/11 9:25 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

12/1/11 9:25 AM

Hi. So I know I haven't been participating as actively on the forum as I used to, but I was thinking that so many people suffer from personality disorders, leading to other issues like eating disorders, SI, depression etc etc. And there are many people out there who don't know that what they are going through has a name and can be helped (albeit with a lot of hard work!).
So I was wondering if anyone wants to use this topic to post their experiences about/ with personality disorders, or suggestions with treatment options, or a venting/sounding board...please feel free!
I hope this will be helpful to those who feel alone in their suffering...
wishicouldbenormal

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

12/4/11 1:17 PM

it sux... thats forsure.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

12/4/11 1:59 PM

that's an understatement...

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

12/29/11 12:36 AM

Thank you for making a section just for personality disorder. I have bpd. Scared to have children.

Bottom

gettingstronger
Junior Supporter

12/31/11 9:24 PM

Leah85 - Have you ever been in DBT? I have found it immensely helpful - literally a lifesaver for me. My DBT therapist, whom I have been with for now over 4 years said that she thinks I'd make a great mother - despite the fact that I'm borderline and besides for some other diagnoses... i.e. PTSD... - especially since I've put in a lot of hard work and effort and practicing and using the skills - which I see have helped me get through so many difficult moments/situations. Of course I'm scared to eventually become a mother, but now I feel like a have a skill set/toolbox of skills to back me up and help me to be a good mother. I feel that my BPD symptoms have really lessoned over the past 4 years. I'm still diagnosed as BPD, but not to the extreme that I was before I started DBT. Even if things do come up, I know I can always have someone to talk to regarding my BPD symptoms with someone who is skillful and knowledgable in dealing with it. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

-------------------------
"Good therapy, like good cooking, takes time."

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

1/2/12 2:19 AM

gettingstronger- thank you so much for the message. It's so great that you have put in so much effort into the skills...sounds like you have come a long way. I have been in mentalization based therapy for 4 years. I have gotten A LOT better and my symptoms are so much better. I am still scared because of the identity issues, emptiness, and relationship issues I somtimes have problems with and about what to do about medication and getting pregnant which I need to talk to my doctor about. How old are you?

Bottom

wannabehappy21
Supporter

1/2/12 2:40 PM

hi i suffur from depersonalization besides for anxiety/depression so i know how hard it is.
bh therapy has helped me a lot with my anxiety and somewhat with my depression but
i am also worried about the future. i guess time will tell!!!

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

2/4/12 6:31 PM

Hey ppls- I too have bpd symptoms and I am REALLY scared about marrige/ kids and stuff... Although I have been in therapy for years I kinda feel like I am spiraling downwards at times... so like you guys have any advice????????????

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

2/7/12 8:39 PM

Hi reach4thestars,

Thank you for posting...nice to hear from you. Is your therapy helpful? What kind of therapy are you in? How old are you?

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

2/8/12 4:57 PM

i'm 23, go to DBT therapy but i feel like nothing helps.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

2/10/12 4:48 AM

reach4thestars- yeah, i know it's hard. I'm 26 and I've been in mentalization based therapy for the past 5 years. It's great that you are in dbt therapy...i bet it's helping more than it seems.

Bottom

crazykid
Senior Supporter

2/24/12 4:38 PM

hi everyone... i now started dbt and so far i see no results and i don't even know what's the diff between this therapy and all others. to me it seems the same thing but with a different title.. anyhow, i've already dedcided taht i can't be normal so i gave up trying... i mean i still go to therapy once a week but i feel like i'm being forced to do it and i don't even wana go... i don't want anything... let alone to live.. anyone feel the4 same??

i have no suggestions cuz i'm in the same problem but this might help... journal writing is very therapeutic for me.. it migtht not help for everyone but i feel that i need to vent often and the only one that doesn't mind my constant ranting about pain and suffering is my diary... so anyone want to try taht??/

-------------------------
Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it "shake well before using". That what GD has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

2/27/12 8:35 PM

hey craykid- thanks for posting. I can realate to how you feel. I started mentalization therapy 5 years ago...it has really helped. What is the most difficult for me now is the boredom and emptiness I feel. Can anyone relate to this or have advice for this?

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

3/13/12 10:28 PM

I totally here what you guys r saying. I also feel "wasted"@ times... I guess rhats depression... Sometimes I also rewind, look@ myself, and think "where am I going? Whats the point?
Crazy kid= journalling helpa when it doesnt backfire...
Also, from dbt: clearing my mind helps.
And excercise when I push myself....

Bottom

paswerd99
Junior Supporter

8/1/12 7:05 PM

Hi I know personality disorder is awful i am over 40 and have suffered all my life with bpd but i am married and have 1 son who is now 16 and yes believe it or not life goes on , its not easy its like being on a rollercoaster of emotions that never stops. but saying all this it has made me into a more insightful person and i hope a better person its what we do with the diagnosis thats important I havnt had life easy and my only son lives away from home as he cant cope with the symptons but still we still love each other and my husband is supportive so DONT GIVE UP , MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN ARE A POSSIBILITY JUST KEEP UP ALL THE THERAPIES, sorry if this is too long hang in there xxxxx

Bottom

paswerd99
Junior Supporter

8/1/12 7:10 PM

sometimes when we reach the bottom of the pit there is only 1 way out and thats up, Are you on medication? as i found medication helps me to focus my thoughts and takes away some of the intensity of the feelings, let me know take care xx

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

8/6/12 4:59 PM

People with bpd...is it hard for you to tell if it's the bpd or if it's real? How do you cope?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Personality Disorders < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.