Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: BPD Intensive Treatment
Created On 4/30/13 3:40 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

4/30/13 3:40 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if people could post reviews about any experience they have with BPD treatment programs (residential, inpatient, or outpatient). I've heard about a bunch of programs, but there's not much available in terms of patient reviews of the programs.

Any information that you have would be awesome!

Some of the programs that I've come across are McLean Hill Program, Roanne Program, Cornell DBT program, Menninger Clinic, Sheppard Pratt, and 4 Winds. I would love to hear more about these programs or other programs people have experienced.

Thanks!

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/19/13 11:42 AM

have you ever personally gone to the above mentioned places and found the, helpful? ive been trying out different dbt programs and so far they all treated me like im crazy.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

5/19/13 3:27 PM

Lol.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/19/13 4:31 PM

why lol?

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

5/22/13 7:36 PM

I was extremely privileged in that the first time I ended up in the hospital they gave me a psychiatrist who specialized in trauma. I just remember I had no clue what was wrong with me at the time, which probably was perceived by some as me just trying to make trouble, but she really understood and helped point me in the right direction. If you look at it objectively, people with BPD probably do appear crazy to people who aren't trained in dealing with it. Heck, half the time I feel crazy. However, its weird that a DBT program wouldn't have staff trained to work with BPD traits and symptoms.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/23/13 5:53 PM

yes i knwo i appear crazy- thats really validating in a weird way. yes, that was the second program i went to that i felt they were uneqquiped to deal with me! the first sent me to the ER when i said i wanted to kill myself which my doc sais was really just a cry for help. the next one the doc was so cold and uncaring, that after i spoke with the therapist who said she would also send me to the ER, i just walked out and left. the whole POINT is that they need to deal with hypersensitive people like me- but youre right, they arent trained enough or nice enough. the ONLY person who knows how to deal with me is my doc and its 200 a session so i can only afford to go once a week which is literally a drop in the bucket!!!
SO I AM STUCK IN THIS RUT WITH NO WAY OUT! IS THERE NO FREAKIN CURE??? i used to think people who used caps lock were crazy but now i know they were just SCREAMING FOR HELP!!!!

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

5/23/13 7:29 PM

I hear ya. If you. Wanted to start another program, maybe you could use your experiences and discuss these things with the Dr and therapist first thing. You can say, "when I get depressed/upset I may feel suicidal. I will tell you if O have any plans to act on those urges. My Dr is prepared to help me deal with these urges, but I do not need to be hospitalized for them." Maybe if you talked it through upfront when you are in a calm and safe space, they'll feel more comfortable working with you and not feel the need to send u to the ER.

I am also convinced sometimes that there is no cure but I need to believe that there is. Also really hard b/c the ppl that can handle bpd usually charge a fortune for therapy. Do u know anyone who teaches psychotherapy in a college. You may be able to get cheaper therapy if you're willing to have therapy in front of a class of Med students or from a Med student at a university clinic. Not ideal but sometimes the young ones try something diff that works. No matter what, healing from bpd is def a long process

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/23/13 8:23 PM

good idea. it wasnt just that thought, i also thought they were uncaring and not understanding of me.
so u mean i should ask the local college? i dont want to be in front of a class though

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

5/23/13 8:34 PM

Google psychotherapy and a local university name or your state and the word "university" and see what comes up. I just quickly checked and right away saw an option that said sliding scale for student clinicians and my guess is they also take insurance. You can also ask ur Dr if he knows of a specific teacher or university for u to look into.

Edited: 5/28/13 at 7:26 AM by getMeOutOfHere

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/23/13 8:51 PM

thanks ! i just googled and emailed some people.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

6/11/13 2:18 AM

There is hope guys! BPD is the most curable mental illness. Seriously. Guys don't give up on trying to find the right experts who can help with bpd....it will really help.

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/16/13 3:10 PM

Emunadoj, how long have u struggled with bpd? When does it get better?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Personality Disorders < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.