Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Psoriasis
Created On 4/13/05 5:05 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Hope
Junior Supporter

4/13/05 5:05 PM

Hi
Every night I have to put on some messy ointments, From the Dr, and it seems to be working very slowly. Funny thing was it worked pretty fast at the beginning! I could see an improvement straight away; now i can't. Just want to know if anyone has Psoriasis on their scalp, and face, like me. Also do you find that if one bit goes, it appears somewhere else?
Wishing all of you with Psoriasis Much Hatzlacha with it that with Hashem's help it should go and never return.

Bottom

goforit
Junior Supporter

10/20/05 12:15 AM

i have it anly on my scalp baruch hashem but i heard there is no real cure for it im scared it will spread but for now its ok

Bottom

Hope
Junior Supporter

10/20/05 7:29 AM

Never give up hope

Don't be scared, coz I have heard it can go at any given time. I find that wen I put the lotion on my head, lets say I do it every day, then for 3 days I don't have to put it on, coz it hasen't come bak yet. What lotion do u put on ur scalp? Im using Bettamousse at the moment, Its really funny coz in order to get it on u have to use plastic gloves if u don't it evaporates b4 it gets to ur head. If u want to use it ask ur DR, and see what he says first.
may ur psoriasis go very soon if not sooner!

Bottom

Hope
Junior Supporter

12/28/05 8:31 AM

Does any1 find that in the winter it gets much worse? My face gets it the worse.
Do u find that suger makes it worse?
Someone told me to keep off tomatoes, the only thing is i can't tell weather or not its helping.
last question do u find that wen ur psraises is itching, u get more iritable? (I do)

Bottom

Hope
Junior Supporter

2/5/06 11:10 AM

Y isn't any1 answering?
Last week my Psoriasis was almost gone, and i was thinking of going swimming for the first time in ages, and then just this week it came bak so much, and its so painful too, wen its not itching, its hurting. I'm so annoyed its on my face now a lot, and now i gotta get my hair cut in a way that covers it. (You know the kinda style wer its over one eye) Its not like i don't do anything for it. I put on creams day and night its not like they arn't working, its just that Psoriasis comes and psoriasis goes.
In fact i just came bak from the hospital (dermatology department) and the lady said to me i can stop using the steroid now, and just use the other cream coz it was almost gone! I was so happy, and now i don't know.
can't some1 reply and make us all feel better?

Edited: 2/5/06 at 11:11 AM by Hope

Bottom

royal
Junior Supporter

2/17/06 8:56 AM
User is offline View users profile

B"H

Dead Sea Mud and salts are known to give relief - NOT CURE - to skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, etc. You can try Mud Hair Mask for your scalp, neck and behind the ears, and for the face you may want to try sulphur soap. Go to www.mineralcarespa.com for more information about the Dead Sea and its curative properties and view the list of products.

Good Luck!

Bottom

Dave1234Reporter
Junior Supporter

2/23/06 9:46 PM

The only thing I worked against psorisias: Enbrel.
You self inject once a week. It is not painful.

The needles come refigerated and you must put it into the refigerator quickly.
I was sick of the oily steroids which were ephemeral.

Bottom

Dave1234Reporter
Junior Supporter

2/23/06 9:55 PM

The dryness during the winter makes Psoriasis worse. The warm sun is supposedly good to clear it.

Dead Sea mud is good too but expensive.

Bottom

chedva
Junior Supporter

6/7/06 10:31 AM

With regards to tomatoes, some say it is night shade vegetables that you need to avoid. They include tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and some others.

I have it on my scalp, in my ears, and on my arms (a few patches)

Bottom

Bina
Junior Supporter

3/18/07 12:16 PM

Hey Chedva, and all others my user-name was Hope and I forgot my password, so I re registered.

Anyway, here is something interesting, I was reading the Hamodia, last shabbos, (Parshas Vyakel Pekudey) and it was talking in the medical part all about dandruff and how psoriasis is not associated with it, anyway it gave a short description on psoriasis, and I thought that is odd it's not exactly what I have. I went on to read, and it mentioned Seborrheic dermatitis, as I was reading on it described my condition to a tee. Both are similar to psoriasis, and a person can have both. So I read more about it on the Internet on Motzaey shabbos. On one web site said that psoraises does not go on the face, and that is where I have it, as well as in my ears and behind and all over.

Why didn't any of the Dr's tell me this before? Are they that ignorant? They all asked me whether I have it on my knees and elbows when the answer came back in the negative, that should have got them thinking.

I have another issue, and it's very hard for me to say this, I am still young but my condition is very bad severe at the moment, and marriage just seems to me a thing that will never happen, because this horrible itchy, painful condition. How are you people managing? Have you thought of marriage? Or all you all married, and are managing? Or maybe you don't have a sever case? Please tell me I am in need of chizuk, I know you will understand me, as this is what this site is all about my friends have no idea what I go through everyday and night, as i plaster myself with smiles, and pretend I am like everyone else, when ever I see them, and everyone else.

I''ll leave you to check it out, maybe you don't have wht you think you have.
Kol TOv
Bina

Bottom

Junior Supporter

6/8/07 2:13 AM

Hi EVERYONE THAT SUFFERS FROM PSORIASIS!!!

Listen to this! I suffered from psoriasis for over 15 years. I tried every cream, spray, ointment DOCTOR....but nothing ever helped. I used to be so embarrased with myself. I had terrible condition on my scalp, elbows, and knees. One day I met a friend and she suggested, that I go on a strict diet, and that might really help me. So I tried it and it REALLY worked. IT WAS A MIRACLE! (I mean it seriously!!) I still am very strict and my psoriasis is gone, gone, gone!

Psoriasis is a cause of eating food that is not important for your body and for your blood type. Ex. junk food (candies, chocolate, ice cream, ices, etc.) sugared drinks, startchy foods, excess amount of bread, cakes, cookies,pasta, pizza, sweet cereals etc. If a person does not watch his diet, the blood becomes very impure, therefore causing Psoriasis to breaks out on the skin. Psoriasis is a sign of impurity of your blood. Psoriasis gives you the message that there is something wrong with your habit of eating.

I decided that I am going to cleanse my body of all these impurities. I was ready to commit to anything in the world in order not to suffer any longer...

This is what I do:

1. Drink tons of water (8 to 10 cups a day)

2. I eat a bowl of cooked quaker oats old fashion oatmeal everyday. (oatmeal is great, great for the skin)

3. I went off sugar and sugared drinks. (I use splenda. It's a great sugar subsitute. I add it in everything and anything possible. I drink diet soda, diet snapple etc.)

4. No white flour. No yeast. (that means no startch what so ever!) On shabbos I eat whole wheat matzah instead of challah.

This really worked for me, and now I am psoriasis free. Try it, It should work for you.

Any question? Please write.

Thank you.

-------------------------
juicy apple

Bottom

Emunah613
Junior Supporter

1/21/08 2:08 PM

Diets can work for psoriasis,BUT this diet is EXTREMELY difficult to keep.

There is something else out there,---It is NATURAL and has had INCREDIBLE success rates for Severe Psoriasis.

I do not sell this and have no ulterior motive.If you have SEVERE Psoriasis and are interested,you can email me at:

Edited: 5/14/14 at 11:25 PM by Emunah613

Bottom

dmom
Junior Supporter

1/2/09 12:09 AM

I have also found that a strict eating plan (I eat the same way as you) completely helps. The problem is that whenever I have to go on antibiotics (last year for strep) I will have a major flare up that can last months.

gr8 day!

Bottom

seb613
Supporter

1/8/09 1:15 PM

I find for the scalp shampoo with salicylic acid helps. It should have 3%. You can get it like Netrogena T-Sal shampoo. As for the face, I mostly use cocoa butter. It seems to help if you use it every day.

Bottom

sixroses
Junior Supporter

4/30/09 8:11 PM

i suffer from psoriatic authritis...what is this that u have can it cure me? please help me

Bottom

personn
Supporter

3/14/10 4:03 AM

people email me imda1best@gmail,com i knw of a way to help

heyyyy

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Psoriasis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.