Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: spasmic pain & remicade
Created On 1/25/07 12:59 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

1/25/07 12:59 AM

The last few days, I'm having abnormally strong contractions (spasmic pain, I guess) that is just unbearable. How do you people cope with it? (At least when I'm in actual labor I can take epidural, now there's nothing I can do to ease to terrible pains). I find that the pains keep on becoming stronger and stronger each passing day, which makes me worried, in addition to not handling the pain.
Secondly, I might be starting remicade. What did you hear about it? What are the risks/benefits? I prefer remicade to cortisone although I'm not quite sure about it....
Let's all have a refuah sheleima.
g'night!

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

1/30/07 7:42 PM

I wrote back to your PM...

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/31/07 4:12 PM

My son has chron's and has been on remicade for 2 years and B"H has been much better! It is amazining at the differnce. He was in extreme pain, had lost lots of weight and was so ill pre-remicade.
Hatzlocho.
Miriam

Bottom

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

1/31/07 4:19 PM

How long do you stay on the remicade? I thought it is just for 8-12 months. Did your son experience any side effects?

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

2/1/07 10:11 AM

I was under the impression that Remicade is a long term medication - to keep the disease under control and in remission - just like Imuran, etc.
After a while, you may be able to wait longer between infusions.
That's what I was told.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

2/1/07 10:19 AM

My docotr told me that he will be on it at least until he is 19 and done growing, but that he can stay on ity longer if needed. He has not had any side effects! B"H it has made a MAJOR difference in his chron's.
Miriam

Bottom

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

2/1/07 10:35 AM

I don't understand why I thought remicade is just a few infusions. I didn't know it can go on for years. (Or is it possible for an adult there are fewer infusions).
Miriam, how long does each infusion take, and how does your son feel afterward. Is he up and about by the next day?
thank you all for responding.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

2/5/07 3:49 PM

Mrs. Chron,
My son usually feels fine after the infusions and has his best weeks after infusion. The first few times it took longer, about 4 hours, but now takes about two. He has not had a reaction and feels fine during and after.
Miriam

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

2/6/07 11:34 PM

I was on Remicade last year. My first two infusions went okay, and during my third infusion I had a reaction and that's when I stopped remicade.
After the first two, I would go home feeling nauseous and quite weak. Usually headaches and no appetite for a couple of days and then I was okay. It's definately worth the effects if Remicade gets you into remission rather than surgery. Good luck!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.