Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Remicade/Pregnancy
Created On 2/12/07 10:20 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Edith
Supporter

2/12/07 10:20 AM

Anyone have experience or knowledge about being on remicade during pregnancy? is it safe to get pregnant while taking this drug?

Bottom

always hopeful
Junior Supporter

4/25/07 10:28 PM

Most importantly, you must speak to your GI who should be educated in this area. According to my personal research I would want to be off Remicade for six months prior to becoming pregnant, just to be safe. If someone would become pregnant while on Remicade contact your GI and let him work with you and your OBGYN. In my personal situation, my GI wants me to be on Remicade for at least one year and then we could discuss an alternative medical treatment that would be safe during pregnancy, as I"H I would like to have more (healthy) children. Currently there is little research on Remicade and pregnancy, most of the information they have is experimentation done on mice. The fear of going off Remicade, is that if a person decides to go back on it, there is a 20% chance that he may develop an allergic reaction, as one's body may create antibodies to the Remicade. Refuah Shelaima and may you be blessed with healthy children!

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

4/26/07 10:29 AM

thanks for replying.
I am very fearful of the effects remicade may have on pregnancy / unborn fetus. Although my GI says there have been plenty of pregnant woman on remicade, and they just don't get an infusion during the last trimester. Have you ever heard of this?

Bottom

always hopeful
Junior Supporter

4/30/07 10:45 PM

I don't have much knowledge about using Remicade while pregnant, but if I was't comfortable with my own doctor's opinions I would consult with other GI's, educate yourself as much as you can and be comfortable with your decision. Once you make your decision, try to think positively and Daven of course. Please keep us posted and of course share good news. Hatzlacha!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.