Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Alkaline vs Acid
Created On 5/25/07 9:59 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cd
Supporter

5/25/07 9:59 AM

I've noticed that it is very helpful to eat more alkaline causing foods than acidic foods. After reading that bacteria/viruses cant survive in alkaline enviroment i decided that this is the kind of diet we need.

I'm not very good at following any diets completely but even the little things that i do have helped me noticeably.

If anyone else tries this please let us know the outcome.

Alkaline causing foods:
Lemon/Lime (i suggest to add it to spring water and drink this through out the day)
Cucumbers
Figs
Soy Beans
Lima Beans
Spinach
Turnip
Raisins
Almonds
olive oil
Potatoes, Buckwheat and Quinoe are probably the only strong carbs that we can eat.

Acid forming foods:
All Meats
fish
most grains (including whole wheat but not spelt)
rise even brown
most nuts
cheese
eggs
milk high in fat
most sweeteners including honey.

The suggested ratio varies from 60% alkaline - 40% acidic to about 80% alkaline - 20% acidic.

Bottom

yaldatova613
Supporter

7/4/07 11:19 AM

This it totally amazing! I have crohns but I rarely read the crohns forum. I just happened to be browsing through and, not sure why, but I read your post.

I don't know anything about alkaline and acid and all that, but the list of alkeline foods is exactly my diet. And the acid foods are the ones that hurt me. I never understood why certain foods hurt and others don't and why, for example, I can eat spelt but not rice. Maybe there is some truth to this alkaline acid thing. I wonder...

Let me know how it works.

Bottom

cd
Supporter

7/29/07 4:54 AM

This diet seems to make sense because fits most other diets that have been mentioned.

I've been trying to keep this diet but i cant seem to stick to it. I'm a single guy with a crazy schedule so i dont really have time to cook or to be too picky with my food.

So far the only suggestion i want to add is that we should all try to eat more times a day and not to over eat at any meal.

When i eat 6+ times a day even if its all small snacks (snack doesnt mean junk food) i feel great.

Also, on the days when i know i wont be able to eat so often i take vitamin C and vitamin B and it helps me.

But even that i forget often so im first trying to establish a normal steady schedule for myself and then i can better test any of the diets.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.