Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: natural treatements
Created On 6/16/08 12:30 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cd
Supporter

6/16/08 12:30 PM

I'm noticing that food affects me in 3 ways...

1)Causes a flare up (fistula draining, pains, urgently running to the bathroom...etc.)
2)Causes constipation / bloating
3)Causes diarrhea

For example lots of dairy, heavy creams, or fruits may cause 3.

Lots of carbs, without enough liquids or fiber may cause 2.

Lots of fatty acids like trans fats and hydrogenated oils may cause 1.

Finding the right balance isnt always so easy especially when im at work and dont have time to cook all my meals but it seems that if i dont start doing it soon i wont be able to work at all.

Is anyone else trying to find the right diet?

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

6/17/08 12:58 PM

have you tried the specific carbohydrate diet?

Bottom

cd
Supporter

6/25/08 1:35 PM

Yes i tried it but i dont think its a full prove system.

Each diet i try i have to try it from both sides does it help me if i do it and does it give me problems if i dont do it.

So i found that i have no problems eating heavy carbs and to me that means the diet isnt right for me.

According to my current understand is that i can eat any carbs as long as they dont have any bad fats and preferably have good fats or fiber or something like that to help it digest more easily.

For a test try to buy a baked product that is in a sealed container (can stay fresh for weeks) - this can cause problems and then try the same product that you would bake yourself.

In the end i think each foods and each recipe affect us differently and the benefit of always eating at home is that you'll see which meals were good for you and which weren't.

I was eating at home for past 3 days and gained 2-3 pounds and then went to a wedding last night and lost it. (i think i caused it by eating vegetable soup and im still investigating why that gave me a bloating like there is no tomorrow)

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.