Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I Have a Question
Created On 8/31/05 6:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mimzers
Junior Supporter

8/31/05 6:28 PM

Hi! I am new to this support forum, in fact it is a new thing for me to ask for help since it is usually I who am helping everyone else. Anyhow, exactly one year ago I was diagnosed with having Crohn's Disease. At the time I was told that most of my small intestine/bowel was ulcerated and severely inflamed. After using different medications my crohn's seems to have settled slightly. Unfortunately I have developed other health issues that are subsequent to the illness.
My question to everyone out there has to do with financial help. I am one of the fortunate ones who have health insurance with prescription coverage. However, my plan does not cover most of the basic blood tests that are required when someone is taking 6MPS and Immunoran nor does it pay for most of my medications (they cover less than 80% of the cost). I know that I should not complain because there are people out there who don't have insurance or prescription coverage, but it has gotten to the point where I am about to declare bankrupcy. Basically what I am asking is if there is anyone who either has been in this or similar situation or if anyone has any suggestions about receiving loans.
I thank all of you in advance for whatever help you can offer.

Bottom

devorah
Junior Supporter

12/1/05 2:08 PM

try calling chai lifeline.They have aninsurance counselor. also, look inro a diet called scd diet. it's on the webat scddiet.c0m and you can order their book Breaking the Vicious Cycle

-------------------------
lisa berger

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

12/1/05 2:35 PM

I wish how to help with the insurance info.

check out
digestivewellness.com
it's a great site. all kosher food.
it's extremely helpful!!!

FEEL GOOD

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.