Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: 18 with Crohn's...girl
Created On 3/8/06 6:26 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cd123
Supporter

3/8/06 6:26 PM

Hi! I'm 18, living with Crohn's Disease for over a year now. I would love to meet another girl with hospital and Crohn's experience.
Thanks!

Edited: 12/27/06 at 12:38 AM by cd123

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

3/23/06 10:43 PM

This was posted a while ago...Aren't there any other teens with Crohn's?

Edited: 3/23/06 at 10:44 PM by cd123

Bottom

cd
Supporter

3/25/06 7:37 PM

I'm in my early 20's and a guy so not exactly what you are looking for but i still want to point out that my diet helps everyone with any digestive problems...
You can eat everything but make sure to eat carbs and proteins seperately. Thats the basic diet and i've noticed that carbs especially white bread are the worst foods for me personally. But you'll notice what works and what doesnt for you if you just try it. I bet if you try it for 1-2 days you'll notice a diffirence and you can even skip all your meds that day. (It took doctors 2 years to give me the CD diagnoses and i've been to about 10 different doctors and dozens of different tests and i've taken: flagyl, cypro, pentasa, asacol, 6mp, remicade maybe other meds that i cant even remember the names)
Now i'm off all meds and doing great as long as i dont cheat my diet too much.

I sugget:

breakfast - eat dairy products only in the mornings so try some yogurts, different types of chesses (use fat cheeses if you want to gain wieght).

lunch - either fish or meat with fresh vegies (try to avoid cabbage, carrots, and green peppers).

snack - fruits (try not to mix in fruits during the meals only eat them seperately)

dinner - either patotoes or rise or pasta with cooked vegies.

Bad things that you should try to avoid in general are: oily foods, sugar, and eating too late at night.

If you have any questions about this diet let me know. And if it helps you let others know so everyone would finally just try this method.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

3/25/06 8:41 PM

I was actually on the SCD for a short while. It didn't work well for me, dehydrated... This diet sounds okay, but I'm lactose intolerant and keep away from other foods as well. Diets do great for remission, but I find that when there's active disease (which I have right now) meds are neccesary.
Thank you.

Edited: 8/28/06 at 5:33 PM by cd123

Bottom

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

4/29/06 11:32 PM

To CD,

I have had surgery for CD. Thank G-d I have been fine for over a year and a half. I am interested in starting a diet that will prevent a flare up. I thought of starting the SCD but being that I am well - it is hard to cut out everything. I like the sound of your diet. Do you know anyone else who has tried your diet? also, I would love to stop taking Pentasa (which I take as a prevention.)

Thanks

Bottom

Supporter

4/30/06 1:04 AM

Dear CD123,

Have you heard of a gluten-free diet?

I will be in touch soon with more info.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

4/30/06 1:32 PM

isn't that SCD?

Bottom

cd
Supporter

5/5/06 3:03 AM

To guaranteed,

I think most people can benefit from such a diet and I'm noticing that most of my male friends have some kind of stomach problems even if they dont realize it. How many people complain after eating cholent or shwarma? That feeling like you overate is actually gas build up caused by bad mixtures of charbs and proteins. Some people may have similar problems to ours but as long as they dont have a diagnose like we do they dont bother thinking that thay may have a problem. My diagnose helped me pay more attention to what i eat and how i react to it.

I'm on and off this diet for over a month but i dont gain any weight. I'm still too skinny and even stoped shiduch dating for now because people keep asking why i'm so thin. So i will have to make some kind of adjustments to gain my weight back.

I've been eating at my parents for past 3 weeks and at some point i just said good bye to this diet and ate everything. It took 2-3 days until i felt the affects of it and after being sick for 3 days i decided i have no choice but to get back on the diet.

The new addition to my diet is to drink plenty of liquids, i'm not saying to force down 8 cups a day but make sure to drink at every opportunity you get especially during or right after the meals.

To cd123,

Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) just prevents you from eating most carbs and i think its needed during flare ups but on normal days you can eat that stuff as long as its carbs seperate from proteins. And i think milk/diary products are fine to use but i suggest only eating them in the morning.
http://www.scdiet.org/1about/scdwhatis.html

I think its important for us to read up about all the diets and to try them out ourselves until we know what works best for ourselves. And it's ok to break your diet especially if you want to experiment but you have to be willing to deal with the consequences.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

5/6/06 10:22 PM

I find that dairy makes me sicker... I am lactose intolerant so maybe nothing to do with Crohn's.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

5/6/06 10:25 PM

Also, your diet looks good, but it's SO much food.

Edited: 12/27/06 at 12:39 AM by cd123

Bottom

cd
Supporter

5/10/06 1:07 AM

I think milk is bad for everyone but if you eat milk/dairy in the mornings/on empty stomach then it may be easier to digest it.
I also have/had a problem with eating anything but my new theory is working wonders. Ok i only gained 2 lbs so far but its only been about 5 days and i actually get hungry now. I was reading about crohn's and other stomach problems (ulcers, indigestion...etc.) and they all seems to have the same common factor "too much acid" so i went to the drug store to pick the best anti-acid pill. After reading the ingridients it seemed too simple to me they all have either calcium or citrus acid as the main product. So i was thinking how i can make my own solution after some more research i found out that Lemon (citrus acid) is a very good product to neutralize stomach acids. So i've been drinking tea with lemon (and then i eat the slice of lemon after it was soaked in sweet tea) about 2 times per day for the last 5 days and on day 3 i realized that i have a hunger and all my crohn symptoms went away.

Will this last forever? i dont know but it seems pretty harmless to me so i suggest for everyone to experiment with it and let us know your results.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.