Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Crohns and Shidduchim
Created On 4/30/06 12:11 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

4/30/06 12:11 AM

I am a 23 year old single female.
Has surgery and symptom free for over a year and a half BH.
I am looking for a Shidduch - at the beginning we were not telling the boy about my condition untill I have been out a few times. By now, the fact that I have crohns is well known. (My father passed aways just after I was diagnosed, so during the Shiva everyone new that I was ill and that was a big topic of conversation.)
It is not correct to be secretive - that I know, but people are nervous of me. Even with a bit of research they can be put off. Sometimes I don't blame them because some of the web sites can put it quite negatively! I.e. I read somewhere that a high percentage of people get flare ups within 3 years after surgery!!!

My question is, if the boy knows about the crohns, what do I say that will not make him nervous?

Has anyone else come across the problem of crohns preventing Shidduchim?

Thanks.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

4/30/06 1:36 PM

I heard this from others who have Crohn's...
Two girls said that they were going out and brought this up saying that the boy should look into it and bring back any concerns to question her. B"h these two shidduchim went through..the boy realized that it generally means having his wife get sick once in a while. Each situation is different...please keep us posted.
Hatzlacha!

Edited: 11/21/06 at 11:40 PM by cd123

Bottom

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

4/30/06 11:11 PM

Thanks
That is great advice and good encouragement too.
I will keep you posted.
Also one must realise that everything is in the hands of Hashem. I believe that all will be for the best!!!

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

5/1/06 1:58 PM

As someone with a chronic illness myself, arthiritis, and with a son with chron's, I can say that in some ways you are very lucky. You will get a shiddach with a person who can handle some illness and that will ensure that he will be special!!! You should ask a shailah when you need to discuss it ( I was told that I only need to do so on the third date if I feel that it is going somewhere). You should give the boy your doctor's (or some dr.'s) phone number and maybe CCFA's website for info.
Hatzlocho Rabboh,
Miriam

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

5/1/06 8:35 PM

Thanks...

Edited: 8/28/06 at 5:35 PM by cd123

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

11/2/06 8:29 AM

You might want to visit a new thread SHIDDUCHIM under OTHER.... GENERAL.

May we all find our Bashert at the right time!!

Bottom

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

11/7/06 9:24 PM

BH I am engaged to be married in a couple of weeks. But thanks for all your kind words.
Wishing everyone to find their Bashert speedily!

Bottom

ayiddishemommeh
Junior Supporter

11/8/06 1:03 AM

MAZEL TOV! May you live ever happily together & build b'ezer hashem a bais nemon b'yisroel. may we all share simchas .

Bottom

hb
Supporter

11/8/06 9:01 AM

Mazel tov!

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

11/8/06 5:37 PM

Mazel Tov! ...thanks for your encouragement.

Edited: 11/21/06 at 11:41 PM by cd123

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

11/9/06 1:59 PM

Mazal Tov. When did you decide to discuss your chron's?
Miriam

Bottom

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

2/1/07 8:51 AM

I didn't mention anything till the end of the 3rd date - because then he was going to travel to see me. However I was sure that he knew, (Which he did know and had thought about it and decided to go ahead nevertheless) but just wanted to double check personally before he payed money to fly out to continue dating. At that point we discussed it openly and I made him see that I was totally fine and that it didn't effect my life.
Now we are extremely open about it and my husband is very supportive!

Hatzlacha to all and may we only have Simchas in our lives!

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

2/2/07 12:55 PM

I'm b'h engaged! I'm getting married in a couple of weeks, B"H!

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

2/5/07 3:51 PM

Mazel Tov and may you be zocheh to build a bayis neeman biyisroel.
Miriam

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.