Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Prevention methods after surgery?
Created On 6/1/06 12:52 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

guaranteed
Junior Supporter

6/1/06 12:52 PM

I am just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who went on the SCD diet as a PREVENTION rather than as a cure.
I have had surgery and feeling thank G-d excellent. I don't suffer from any symptoms, but I have been thinking about this diet!
Here are my feeling: The diet is a very drastic step - meaning I would have to cut out a lot of foods that I normally eat. Is it necessary to go on it if one is fine and just scared of a recurrence.
Also I understand that you could be weaned off it after a year or two. What is achieved by it if to begin with you are ok?

If someone can perhaps recomend someone who I can speak to who is in the same situation as me!!!

Thanks

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

12/27/06 12:42 AM

I'm post surgery for 5 months now and I'm in a flare up. What other preventions of flares are there for post-op?

Bottom

cd
Supporter

1/9/07 1:46 PM

I've been expirimenting with a very simple solution and so far it has helped me control and lessen my symtoms but it falls just a little short of sending me into remission.

So if you are in remissions this is worth a try:
1)Make sure to drink plenty when eating. (Drink, Drink Drink!!!)
2)Try to avoid sweet things especially which have food coloring and artificial things.
3)Try to avoid dairy maybe not comletely but try not to have a predominatelly dairy meals.

Avoiding or minimizing dairy and sweets has helped me to lower my number of bathroom visits and i have gained about 12-14 lbs in the last 30-60 days. It may not be that much but i'm still gaining and not losing and even this little addition to my weight helps me look more healthy.

Adding more water to my meals has helped me manage my fistula. And recently i heard of jewish sources (Talmud Sabbath) mention that all digestive problems begin with not drinking enough of liquids during a meal.

If anyone uses my suggestions and sees any change please let others know about it.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

1/9/07 11:00 PM

Thank you! The dairy is a definate... drinking though I have to try...

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.