Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Experiment is working
Created On 8/14/06 3:44 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cd
Supporter

8/14/06 3:44 PM

My new expiriemnt involves me eating everything i want except that i dont eat sugar/sweets.

This includes any product that has suggar and i yes those diet soda that say sugar free have nutra sweet which is basically the same. Even my waffles have some sugar in them so i avoid them.

Since i have an active fistula i see results right away and so right away i noticed a difference and after 2 days my fistula closed up. Today is day 5 and everything is great.

The only sweet things that i did eat is fresh fruits and i didnt eat much of them either. Also, during shabbos i was forced to try a new cake so i ate a small piece of it and chased it with a glass of water to kind of dilute the sugar in it.

Slowly i'll try to add more and more sweets into my life but so far i'm enjoying the symptoms-free life.

If anyone else decides to try my no-sweets method please post your results here.

Bottom

cd
Supporter

8/14/06 3:47 PM

By the way, my blood sugar level has always been normal and even on the lower side. My test before this experiment showed a sugar level of 60 so i'm not a diabetic or anything like that.

Bottom

shalman
Junior Supporter

8/16/06 5:01 PM

can u give me more information, like wat exactly it effects who reccomended it was it a home expiriment or a doctors idea. because i have had open fistualas for years now and nothing has helped them.

Bottom

cd
Supporter

9/3/06 11:35 PM

As i continue to do my own expiriments i welcome all advice and any outside feedback that i can get. The biggest problem with finding any cure is that there is a lack of good communication between patients and doctors. We often might think a bloated stomach is fine after a heavy meal or something like that but it is small things like that might end up being important to the doctor.

The way i understand the digestive track is that it is similar to a water pipe and our inflamation problem is like a crack in the pipe. But notice that cracked pipe wouldnt leak every time only when water gets to that side of the pipe and sometimes it can go down the other side and everything will be fine. So at one point i thought that heavy meals might be a problem (colon gets filled up) and then i thought some food products like acidity foods and sugars might be a problem (because i see they cause problems). Well, they are not a problem in themselves by they help food get to the inflammed part of the digestive track and therefore it causes problems.

For example i found few temporary solutions to curing the fistula and i'll post them in a new post so people without fistula will also get to read about it. When i feel good and my fistula closes or almost closes i take advantage of it and eat anything that i want and it all goes down fine. Eating sweet things after a good meal seems to be fine but if i take even a small cookie as a snack when i didnt eat anything for 2-3 hours then my fistula opens up again. So by not eating sweets my fistula doesnt heal up but it stays closed if it already is closed.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.