Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: remicade, entocort and medications
Created On 12/19/06 10:27 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

12/19/06 10:27 PM

1. My doctor really wants me to go on remicade, however my insurance, Americhoice, does not cover it. Does anyone know how I can get the insurance to pay for it?
also,
2. is it normal to be taking all of the following medications prescribed by my doctor? (I don't know anyone with crohn's, so I feel so lost, and have no one to talk to) I am taking Pentasa, Xiafaxin, Azasan (Azathioprine) and was just added Entocort, (a corticosteroid). With each medication I do OK in the beginning, and after a few weeks the crohn's becomes much worse, so my doctor adds another medicine. Is it OK?
3. lastly, anyone has experience with Entocort and its side effects? I'm so nervous to start with cortisone, I'm not sure I can handle excess weight gain or puffy face.

I feel I'm getting no where with my medications, I'm just feeling sicker and sicker. My stomach hurts so much and makes such abnormal noises, I'm nervous to go to public places.
a freilichin chanuka, and thank you for listening.

Edited: 12/19/06 at 10:29 PM by Mrs. Crohn

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

12/20/06 11:00 AM

I would be glad to talk to you, even tho I have colitis, not crohn's. But I have had experience with alot of the medications you mentioned.
Have you ever considered trying the specific carbohydrate diet?
You can send me a private message, with your e-mail address, and we can be in touch, if you like.

Bottom

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

12/20/06 11:44 AM

yes, I am on the scd diet, however, it is not helping. I was on the diet but went off after three months, as it didn't help at all and I was just sicker. I just recently went back on, to try it one more time.

how do i send a private message?

thanks for replying.

Bottom

cd123
Supporter

12/20/06 6:16 PM

I have Crohn's too. I am now on Xifaxan and 6mp. It would be my pleasure to be in touch with you, You can message me.

Bottom

Mrs. Crohn
Junior Supporter

12/21/06 11:36 AM

how do I send a message?

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

12/21/06 2:18 PM
User is offline View users profile

It appears that you click the "Lock" on the far right side of the post, and that will allow you to send a private message.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.