Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: robitussin
Created On 1/2/07 4:46 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/2/07 4:46 PM

anyway i was in the begining of making this post and i guess i accidently pressed to post it way before i was finished.
so this is what i had to say.....

i used to take robitussin. alot. like over a year ago. and i stopped. so today i told my new therapist about how i used to take it alot and how i quit. and he's like why did you stop? and i thought about it and i was just like well i guess the only reason why i really stopped was because its really nasty to swallow, even if you take it in the capsuls and stuff. like gag nasty. swallowing over 30 gel capsuls is really nasty. swallowing the liquid form of the stuff is even grosser. but the way he asked why i stopped it made it seem like it was no big deal. and now i'm scared i'm about to relapse i guess and start taking it again. because i really want to even though i know its bad for me. so i guess i'm making this post to ask for support since i cant really go up to my parents or friends and stuff and ask them to help stop me from doing it. i dunno i guess it kinda sounds like im just asking for attention or whatever but i'm really not. i really guess i just want someone to care. so please i dunno please tell me not to do it. i prob will anyway. i guess we'll see. i'm still debating it over in my mind.

thanks if anyone responds.

Edited: 1/2/07 at 4:51 PM by killedlastyear

Bottom

Holding on
Senior Supporter

1/2/07 11:02 PM

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that I care and all of us here on this site really DO care about you. I hope you can make the right decision and not do something that isn't good for you. You stopped yourself once, so I know you can get thru this time.
Stay strong,
H.O.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

1/16/07 9:51 PM

STAY STRONG
Go deal with the feelings, face them, don't run away from them by drugging them away. Get support any and every way you can and know, even if you can't see them, there are people out there rooting for you.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/21/07 3:31 AM

an update:
so in the end i never did. i decided that messing with tussin and the meds i was on now was prob. not the best of ideas. and since i didnt have a doctor to ask i didnt want to take the risk. yeah i could have stopped taking my meds and done it, but i decided for once i'm going to give these anti-depressants a try. i havent been taking them at all up until the past couple of weeks. so i've started. and we'll see what happens.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/1/07 1:16 PM

thats great you stayed strong and made it through

Bottom

trachtgutvzeingut
Junior Supporter

3/1/07 6:47 PM

tracht gut

Bottom

trachtgutvzeingut
Junior Supporter

3/1/07 6:50 PM

I ended up in the hospital from a coricidin overdose and it was not cool. i totally understand what the drug does for you and can understand the addiction. However, it feels really dumb to be in a program w/hard-core drug addicts when your drug of choice was just over-the-counter stuff. even in getting treatment, i still have a hard time balancing the addiction eventhough I know a combination of Coricidin and anti-depressants can give me serotonin syndrome. Just remember that quitting is really really hard, so if you stopped for now, think twice before starting again. Good luck!

tracht gut

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Addiction > Addiction < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.