Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Marijuana
Created On 1/23/08 11:27 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Edith
Supporter

1/23/08 11:27 AM

any suggestions how to get a relative to stop smoking?

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/23/08 12:24 PM

um from experience, if they dont want to they arent going to.
i think pot is just one of those types of drugs.
those who are on it think or at least claim it should be legalized and there's not a thing wrong with it.
but as i said that's just from my experience from my like 20 or so acquaintances who smoke it. and basically everyone else i've had classes with who did it or who have spoken to me about doing it. so good luck?
why do you want them to stop? health reasons or because they've gotten really annoying?

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

1/23/08 1:39 PM

it's unhealthy. besides, it's illegal.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/23/08 2:07 PM

well that's a good reason.
i suggest you do alot of research on exactly what the health ramifications of smoking pot are before getting into a debate with whoever-this-person-is. have you discussed it with them before? what did they say?

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

1/23/08 4:45 PM
User is offline View users profile

If its a child, you can put them in rehab, against their will. If its an adult, they have to WANT to before they can change.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

1/29/08 12:51 PM

it's actually my husband. he has been really stressed out lately. i know this is not an excuse, but i am very concerned about it.

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

1/29/08 12:53 PM

As an adult, you can't make them do anything they don't want to. You have to love him and try to help him with the stress if you can, and DAVEN!!!

Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

2/6/08 11:28 AM

i'm really trying, but it can be hard.
It's also hard to watch because I know he feels badly about himself for doing it. (although not bad enough to stop yet)

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

3/17/08 3:05 PM

Have you tried Codependents Anonymous? It's for people dealing with people who don't want to change.

frumsw

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

3/18/08 1:31 PM

i just looked at the website and it looks like it's for poeple who have a problem with codependancy -- not what i was asking about

Bottom

Edith
Supporter

5/9/08 10:38 AM

he's still smoking,...........doesn't look like it's improving..........i'm at the end of my rope - what should i do?!?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/9/08 5:53 PM

You can "ask the psychiatrist" (bottom of the menu page).

I hope that you will have good news to relate. Have a good Shabbos.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/11/08 5:36 AM

There are studies that show that marajuana usage can lead to depression and other mental disorders. Just a thought.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/11/08 5:40 AM

On second thought, if you REALLY want him to stop, you may wanna tell him you think you read somewhere that it can effect his fertility or abilities. That ought to do it. True? dunno. Effective? depends on the guy.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Addiction > Addiction < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.