Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: attn bipolars! i need your help!
Created On 11/11/12 5:18 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

dassi
Junior Supporter

11/11/12 5:18 PM
User is offline View users profile

sorry for the loooong post!

hi all! i just logged in for the first time today, and im really impressed with this forum and the support that many give. i would like to pose my questions:

we got married (me and my husband) as a perfect healthy couple almost 3 years ago. about a year after our wedding, my husband had a manic episode, but a real bad one... im going to skip all the details and feelings of this excruciating terrible difficult experience and go on. we saw a psychiotrist (oh sooo not our type :-(!!!) and he prescribed some meds. then my husband got into a depression... but awful is not the word to how bad it was! he was in bed full days, he couldnt function and was really really depressed. of course many visits to the doctor followed, lowering and raising dosages and changing the medicines, and alot of hard work on his and my part, he b"h, b"h b"h (and cant write it enough times) got back to himself. we still go many times to the doc, but not that often that we used to go.

the doc had told me the signs and symtoms of someone thats becoming manic/depressed. i am always so anxious about it!! i find myself overanalyzing every of my husbands behavior.. i am always on the lookout and sooo nervous. and whenever he tells me that he accomplished something today, i think like: are you manic...? i get overly tense with any slight change in his behavior.

now my question is: does a person with bipolar disorder feel when he gets manic or depressed, or do i as his wife need to look over him constantly? if i know that he himself will recognize his symtoms, it can take off a huge part of my pressures. also, how fast do things get worse once a manic mood starts? if i know that its a gradual process i can be much more relaxed, knowing that i can give it another day or 2 to see how things are going. and last but not least: my husband is a smart man, he knows and feels my worries, im always nervous that this makes him feel unworthy. i really admire and love my husband and wouldnt exchange him for anybody - no! i DO NOT like his bipolar - but i love so many other parts in this package! i feel that we should have an open relationship, but if im going to tell him every time i suspect/am nervous about, it can feel degrading to him, and really bother him. on the other hand if i dont tell him anything, its sooo hard on myself!!

i would love to hear from you, the "experienced bipolars", i am really looking fwd for replies!

Edited: 11/11/12 at 5:33 PM by dassi

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

11/12/12 12:36 PM

Welcome, dassi, to a great support group.
i am not bipolar but this section isnt too active so i wanted to let you know
that i care. if you want you can post in the depression section, its more active.

you sound really special to stand by your husbands side at at trying time.
kol hakavod.
looking forward to hearing more from you.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

dassi
Junior Supporter

11/12/12 3:39 PM
User is offline View users profile

thanks so much star!! your encouraging words touched my heart! thank you! i wish i can get answers from experienced people that are 'been there, done that' (maybe from someone that has a bipolar husband as well)

i hope the people suffering with bipolar disorder werent offended when i called them "bipolars". when i logged out yesterday i regreted it. they are not to be called with the name of their sickness. they are all special people, with all their personalities and character traits, and to all their unique specialties, they got their additional trial from hashem: their bipolar.

star, i have so many other questions to ask about bipolar disorder. depression is not bipolar. btw, ive been their - in this black haunting terrible horrible journey. ive gone through depression/anxiety myself so i know its not the same. i cannot get my answers from the depression forum. i want the bipolars (sorry for calling you ppl with this name again !!!

any answers will be greatly appreciated bec its soooo difficult!!

Bottom

hopeforbipolar
Junior Supporter

11/28/15 8:37 PM

I know this post is from a long time ago but I am more than happy to help. I am proud to say I have bipolar especially because I want to help others who are going through it themselves or with a loved one. Feel free to email me directly at zavlist@gmail.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.