Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: work
Created On 7/4/17 3:45 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Sara26
Junior Supporter

7/4/17 3:45 PM

hi everyone i wish this forum would be more active but i hava a question- what does everyone do for work? i am ashamed that i only work twice a week for one hour each. i want more hours but cant find the right balance. so im also forced to live at home and have no money for clothing etc.
any suggestions?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/12/17 6:42 PM
User is offline View users profile

As I mentioned in my previous post I am currently working in retail as a cashier while I'm in treatment and on a break from school.g
Here are my thoughts:
I think as far as jobs go it's really whatever you can get. Unfortunately, I have found that there aren't as many places looking for part time workers as there are looking for full-time employees. I would just suggest looking at job postings and seeing if there's anything you're qualified to do part time and give it a try, even if it's not what you imagined doing with your life or your not sure what it will be like. It's just a job- its something to do, wich brings in money and you could always quit if it doesn't work out. Plus, I have found that there are a lot of mental health benefits to working.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/14/17 2:53 PM

I have worked full-time through all the therapy and struggles - it is hard and helpful. I have a bit of an advantage - or used to, in that I could dissociate all feelings and just plain work.... Not healthy but useful.

After may years (more than 11) in therapy I am etter integrated, and the times when I am down are much harder to be productive at work - but it keeps me going.

Good Luck, perhaps add more a little at a time?

Bottom

Sara26
Junior Supporter

7/19/17 8:48 PM

thanks all for your replies. so i work two hours a week and its a small community so no big schools to work at. im scared to take something full time cuz i hate quitting. also meds make me groggy in the am. anyone else have that?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/21/17 4:34 PM

I can't work full time either. If I overdo it, I don't feel well. Just do what you can-don't look at others.

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

7/24/17 9:35 AM
User is offline View users profile

At one point I took a part time job and pushed through it despite tremendous anxiety. It helped me see that I can hold down a job. But to help with the anxiety, my therapist helped me see that I can quit if I need to, and that it's a normal thing to take a job and then quit. You dont' have to quit suddenly; in fact, you can be honest up front and say that you can only commit to the job for one month (for example). then you will decide if it's the right "fit" for you. It's not just because of your anxiety that you need to quit! Not everyone is fit for any job!

And I disagree that it's unhealthy to work for the sake of taking your mind off your problems or dissociating. It's a very healthy way as it builds self-worth. You're doing enough work on your problems in therapy; work time can give you a healthy break as well as a sense of self-discipline and self-value.

Now I better get back to work

-------------------------
Enjoying life while fighting anxiety!

Bottom

Sara26
Junior Supporter

7/30/17 12:47 PM

thanks everyone

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.