Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Eating disorder?
Created On 7/31/11 9:53 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

7/31/11 9:53 AM

Hi ya'll!
How do I know if I have an eating disorder again? I've started restricting majorly (lost 3lbs in a wk) and purge atleast 3 or 4x a day. I never ever keep anything down anymore, not even a drink of diet soda. I do have a history of an ed. Had one for 4 yrs of hs and more recently ednos (last yr). But how do I know if I have another one? This has only been going on for like the last 3 wks...
Thanks everyone!! Chin up, stay strong!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/31/11 12:21 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'd think the best way is to go see a professional. Doesn't sound good though. Consider why you have regressed in that area. Try to make changes ASAP. Gluck

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

7/31/11 1:09 PM

I'm going to my psych tom. I'm just wondering if a person can be diagnosed with an ed after only 3 weeks of doing all this stuff.
Also, I do know why I regressed. My bpd symptoms got way out of control because I went off of one of my meds. I also did not take the thing in Boro Park well at all. All this actually started right around the time that he went missing It still hurts me to think about!
Thanks munkster for answering!!

Bottom

MagicBox
Supporter

7/31/11 2:20 PM

idk if they can tell you after 3 weeks but i just want to say, i'm rooting for ya. Keep strong, i know it's so impossible.. t.o.y!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

7/31/11 2:43 PM

Thanks magicbox!!
I am really confused about this whole ed!!! Like very very!!

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

8/1/11 12:20 AM

OMG!!!! You lost 31 lb in a week?!?!?! You BETTER see a dr. right away. Honey, you DON'T want to let yourself fall too far back and have a long route to recovery. There is definitely something wrong right now! PLEASE check it out! Do me a favor if not for yourself. HANG IN THERE!!!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

8/1/11 7:55 AM

Depressed, I lost 3 lbs!! Sorry, I wrote it as 3lbs which could be read as 31- I apologize.
In any case... it woulda been nice to lose 31 lbs in a week. Ha ha, wish lol.

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

8/1/11 1:40 PM

LOL yeah I was freaking out!!! it was my mistake!

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

8/5/11 3:20 PM

purging is serious and it doesn't matter if you've "only" been doing it for three weeks. They say that the earlier you get help/treatment the more likely you'll be able to recovery faster.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.