Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I'm not sure if I have trich
Created On 9/11/11 3:04 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/11/11 3:04 PM

I sort of feel like I do but I'm embarrassed to tell my therapist or dr. Should I be telling them? B'h it's only in places where I can cover it up so no one knows except my mother. If it ends up that it's not really trich I'll feel stupid. What would I gain/lose if I tell them or don't tell them?

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

9/11/11 7:52 PM
User is offline View users profile

hey, welcome to the site, i only have a few minuets so im sorry this ll be quick...

embaressed to tell ur T? well, theyr trained not to judge you and dael with hypochondriachs alll day long.... if u pull ur hair out, u have trich, its that simple, and you should totaly tell them!! ur t can help and ur dr can give u meds that rly can help to...
what does ur mother say?
i think ur the only the only one who can make ur gain, loss list, cuz its different for each person.
what do you loose? ur hair, 1 hting i knmow is it only gets worse if its not treated!! what do u gain? hair, closure, they can help you, cuz the more they know the more they can help. does that help?
what i do is try to casualy slip it into conversation or say "uch, my hari is all over me!!!" play with ur hair during ur sessions...
let me know if im not makeing sence
gluck! remember ur not ur trich!!!

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/12/11 4:49 PM

actually it's basically only on my legs so I barely have to shave or anything and I kinda like it! except I get a lot of scars from picking at my legs. but it calms me down, and if it's not on my head or anything, maybe it's not bad? let me know.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

9/16/11 3:09 PM

i dont know... im not really the expert at talking to people.. it cant hurt to mention it. just remember things tend to get worse if they dont get better (like it used to only be my hair on my head but now its my eyelashes and hair..)

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/18/11 2:41 PM

ok, i'm gonna tell my t. She's on vacation for a week, gives me a week to get up the courage. Yaaaaah! I'm always scared I'll be judged. Maybe i'll write it down and hand it to her, sometimes that's easier....
She probably won't do anything about it though. She's not exactly the type to give immediate advice. More like, 'let's talk it out....'

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

9/18/11 3:16 PM

well then maybe u shud talk to her abt talking it out....
way to go!!! you can do it!!! and i luv the writng idea!!
YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!!

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/26/11 4:54 PM

AAAAAAHHHHHH! I just came back from therapy, and I told her like at the last minute. where do I start? First of all I just pretended like I was talking to frum support, and not a real live person who knows me, it was kind of like acting in a play, pretending to be the person I want to be, who's not embarrassed to say stuff like that. So I asked her for a paper and wrote it down, and then folded it up really small to stall a little bit. She opened it and read it and she was like, ok, tell me about it. And I was like no, you're supposed to tell me it's no big deal! I told her and even showed her my scars from picking at my skin, and she said it's not horrible, but I shouldn't have scars on my legs. I told her right at the end, so we didn't say much about it (she gave me extra time though). She's like, we'll add it to the list, and I said ok, so in about a year from now we'll get to it (cuz that list we have takes a really long time to get through). she said, no we should really get to it soon.
It was kind of a cool feeling, you know like when you find out you really do have that thing you only read about in books. But at the same time I've recently been so scared that I'll never get better, so to add another diagnosis to the list just makes it worse. I want to be a normal person with some problems, not a person with problems who can sometimes be normal. She's like, you're a really high functioning person, it doesn't make it less so because of this. Well, good!
It was the first time I had spoken to her since she went on vacation, and it was weird, I felt like a different person, like it was not really me talking....Actually, maybe I felt like she was a different person, kind of a blank, because I can't really tell a real person this stuff, so I make her into this blank wall.
Now I'm going to go back to real life, because I want to feel normal (I AM normal!! right?) Gotta go study for GRE's. Taking a deep breath.... picturing myself happy and not worrying about anything.... aaaahh

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

9/26/11 6:23 PM

studying for gre's not working! I'm trying not to feel guilty that i didn't really study.. feel a depression coming on...and i'm so embarassed about telling my t... how am i gonna face her?

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

9/26/11 8:19 PM

try not to be so hard on yourself. and about your T, I'm sure she's seen worse and won't judge you, I think you judge yourself much harsher than others would.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

9/27/11 10:48 PM

WOW!!!! you were great... if i wud have been able to do that id probably b a little more sane now...
generaly, the people who bother asking if their normal, are normal...
and as my friend just told me
normal is merely a setting on a washing machine
and its weird to be normal and its normal 2 b weird...

good luk!! hang in there!!!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.