Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: we need to include the mentally ill in society
Created On 1/27/06 2:05 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/27/06 2:05 PM

people-- we're mentally ill, okay? this does not mean we're derranged! come on out! speak! no one willl bite you! i hate to be the only one writing on this chatroom! there is nothing to be afraid of. if i can be a blabbermouth, you can too! i promise, there are no side effects! (unless you say something stupid) but even then you can fix it. come on guys, speak! don't make me get out my tickle stick! (lol, i HAAAATE tickling myself) really guys, speak up. yo have nothing to lose, only to gain. don't make me add more tooics to make you guys speak!

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

livyahton
Junior Supporter

2/23/06 1:38 AM

hi i am 32 male and am looking for a friend i have scizophrenia for llife untill they finda cure i am frum and posting this under u atara but u can pass on the word that i joined the forum just like to introduce myself

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

3/1/06 12:42 AM

god for you, livyahton! other people should look up to you and try to speak out like you have. good for you!

atara

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Kadimah
Junior Supporter

4/4/06 11:07 AM
User is offline View users profile

There is a really great place where you can find support and community. The Kadimah club. They are located at 5309 18th Avenue in Boro Park. You can contact Kadimah by calling 718-686-3187

Bottom

Heth
Junior Supporter

5/17/06 12:43 AM

We are an mental health organisation working in Israel with people who have mental health problems. We have mostly frum workers ,social workers occupational therapists and careworkers.
We are registered with the Ministry of Health .Our main goal is to include our clients in society .

For further information e-mail me at orlenefesh @bezeqint.net or call 02 6223294 and ask for me Avi Schryber (Senior Social Worker Ohr Le Nefesh)

Mother of 3 , psychiatric social worker

Bottom

superrepentant
Junior Supporter

11/29/06 11:35 AM

do you ( or anyone ) know of a group or organisation that helps mentally/emotionally challenged people in finding shiduchim?

Bottom

chocolatemoose sarag
Junior Supporter

1/20/07 11:05 AM

I am isolated from my son husband and daughter all the coummunity i have is by being online all day and night.

Bottom

RuchamaShayna
Junior Supporter

1/8/09 2:02 PM

I'm posting the name of a book you all should read. If any of you have been diagnosed or have a loved one diagnosed, it is a very important book to read because it explains that it is usually not so weird or so hopeless when someone is diagnosed, and that a lot of medication is not the way to go--it may be okay to use for a very short time, but it's really not good to use for long, and it is usually a bad idea to use medication as the only way to get better. It won't work. An excellent support system works much better than medication for most. I know this is true, becasue I've been through this. The author of this book has been curing so-called "hopeless cases" with attentiveness and kindness since he was in COLLEGE, and he is not the only one who can help people. His book doesn't only explain what works and what doesn't--it also has a list of doctors and places that can help in a kind and loving way. The reason these listed doctors and facilities have a much higher rate of success is because they treat the patients with compassion and respect, which people suffering from so-called mental disorders desperately need.

I copied this from his website for you. I read this book a while ago and found it very helpful, and I think it will help you, too.

Toxic Psychiatry:
Why therapy, empathy, and love must replace the drugs, electroshock, and biochemical theories of the “new psychiatry.”
by Peter Breggin, M.D.
Paperback published 1991 by St. Martin's Press

Toxic Psychiatry remains Dr. Breggin's most complete overview of psychiatry and psychiatric medication. It has influenced many professionals and lay persons to transform their views on the superior value of psychosocial approaches compared to medication and electroshock.

Bottom

jerusalem
Junior Supporter

10/15/14 4:12 AM

Im new to this frum support forum.

I just saw what u wrote, i beleive this was written awhile ago, i hope all ia well, and only getting better.

Feel free to wrote to me, i dont know how this works, do men and woman post freely on here. Or its strictly divided ?

This site , i hope gives me the opportunity too hopefully help another person suffering

Each person is dealing with something else. Or possibly the same type struggle, but in different ways.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Schizophrenia > Schizophrenia < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.