Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Gestational Diabetes
Created On 7/1/05 7:31 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hisbonenus
Junior Supporter

7/1/05 7:31 AM

I was just diagnosed.

I have a serious problem- I'm scared to do the finger prick, so I can't check my blood sugar.
I was given the diet and I'm following it to the best of my ability.

I hate being accused that I don't care for the baby.

Bottom

tzally1
Junior Supporter

7/1/05 3:10 PM

Wow, i see you are using the name "Hisbonenus" and you are not even being "Misbonen"!

Gestational diabetes is B"H a diabetes that goes away. Most of us at this forum have types 1 or 2, who are taking not only fingersticks but shots 5-6 times daily as well.

I was also a little afraid of the fingersticks at the beginning, but i got used to it very quickly. It is normal to be afraid of something new, just like everything else.

Don't let anyone C"V ever convince you that you don't care about your baby!, of course you care, and you definitely care more than them!!! Let us see if THEY can handle it!!!

Remember: Hashem only does what is for the best. Keep up the good work on your diet!

Good luck.

P.S. They do sell very sensitive fingersticks in the pharmacies. (if your insurance is ok with those models.)

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Diabetes > Diabetes < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.