Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: how to loose weight with diabetes
Created On 7/22/07 7:06 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

debbie
Supporter

7/22/07 7:06 AM

Boruch Hashem I am able to tell you that I lost 40 pounds and my need for insulin has gone back drastically. The best thing about this is that I was able to eat huge amount of foods. If anyone is interested in details, let me know.
Good luck to anyone who is trying to loose weight.
debbie

-------------------------
debbie

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

7/22/07 10:59 AM
User is offline View users profile

How did you lose the weight? 40 lbs is awesome!!!

Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

7/23/07 7:07 AM

First of all, the rule by this diet was never to be hungry. Whatever is allowed you can have however much you want.
Starch, allowed is bread with flour which is almost not ground. Not just whole wheat, there have to be real pieces in it.
Potatoes and rice, both not overcooked is allowed. All kinds of beans etc.

protein, allowed is fish, chicken without skin, meat with no fat on it, eggs, smoked salmon, tuna, tofu etc. Hard cheese and fatty meat is not allowed. skimmed milk and white cheese is allowed. fat free yoghurt also.

Fruits, all fruits are allowed including dates, grapes etc. but only not cooked and dried.

vegetables, all vegetables are allowed. Every day you have to eat one from underground like beets and one from over the earth like cucumber. Avocado is allowed however much wanted.

fat is allowed one tablespoon. Only from sunflower, olive or any omega 3 rich oil.

coffee, tea and water are allowed.

This diet is phantastic since it really lets you eat enough. I have tried already all kinds of diets, but this one worked because I made it my lifestyle.

Best is to eat breakfast and lunch and less supper.

Hatzlocho rabo to everyone who wants to try it.

you could ask me if you have anymore questions

debbie

debbie

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

7/26/07 11:03 AM

Is there a name for this diet?
Miriam

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

7/29/07 4:09 PM

no, but a doctor in my town made it up.

debbie

Bottom

Debbi
Senior Supporter

10/29/07 2:11 PM

do u have type 1 or type 2

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

4/22/08 9:32 AM

type one, why are you asking?

debbie

Bottom

rosa
Junior Supporter

5/5/09 9:45 PM

its the 6th of may 2009,are you still keeping this diet? and did you loose more weight?and do you have less insulin?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism > Diabetes < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.