Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Diabetic Neuropathy
Created On 2/6/06 1:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

matzoball48
Supporter

2/6/06 1:28 PM

Does anybody have diabetic neuropathy? hOW DO You deal with it? I feel like my legs are always on fire. I have tried capsacin creme, I tried neurontin and nothing helped. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Bottom

matzoball48
Supporter

2/14/06 9:36 AM

Well I can understand if noone else has my condition but I thought there was a doctor on this sight

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

2/14/06 10:08 AM

Hi,

Dr. Novogroder only answer questions on problems dealing with Pediatric endocrine concerns as outlined in the 'ask Dr. Novogroder' section http://www.frumsupport.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=217&threadid=116. I'm sure that soon enough you will meet someone on this site that is dealing with this condition as the population of this site is growing at a steady rate.

Admin

Bottom

MemphianNBaltimore
Junior Supporter

2/23/06 1:35 PM
User is offline View users profile

I am 50 and have had type 2 Diabetes for 5 years with neuropathy getting worse in my feet and legs over the last few years. I lost 60 pounds within the last 20 months on the foodaddicts.org program and am 30 lbs away from my goal weight. I built up to 2.4 Grams of neurontin and my Neurologist was willing to keep adding more but I thought it was ridiculous since it didn't seem to help a bit.

My weight loss helped tremendously but I often feel sharp pains in my calf muscles and soles of my feet, especially after I have been standing a while. I take hot baths 3-4 times a week and use orthotics in my shoes all the time (for previous heel spur sharp pain). I take vitamin C and B-100 time release as well as 50 mg zinc, chromium picolinate, potassium. I think the potassium is especially helpful with leg pain; I also try to eat a banana every day.

Let me know if you tried any of my natural remedies and whether they help.

Bottom

matzoball48
Supporter

3/15/06 5:17 PM

Iam going to try everything but the bananas as I have IBS with constipation. I will let you know how it goes. I am on neurontin for migraine headaches but it didn't help the neuropathy. The neurologist just started me on lyrica but I don't like the side effects I have lost 26 pounds since JUne and in two days with the lyrica I have gained two pounds. I t helps the neuropathy but I would rather have the pain then the weight gain as I have a lot more to lose.

Bottom

matzoball48
Supporter

3/27/06 1:51 PM

The potassium and chrmium really help thankyou Have a happy Pesach. Chag Kasher v sameach

Bottom

DECAROJOJO
Junior Supporter

3/23/08 8:04 PM

I AM TAKING A MEDICATION CALLED NEURONTIN, AND THAT IS HELPING ME COPE WITH THE NEUROPATHY, AND I KNOW THAT SWIMMING ALSO HELPS TOO.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism > Diabetes < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.